A Conversation for Koro - the Genital Retraction Syndrome

Not sure

Post 1

I'm not really here

how women can suffer from this?


Not sure

Post 2

Mikey the Humming Mouse - A3938628 Learn More About the Edited Guide!

They think their nipples are retracting......

Somehow, even as a woman, that just doesn't sound nearly as frightening as the male version -- what do you think?

smiley - smiley
Mikey


Not sure

Post 3

I'm not really here

Ah, that explains it, and cleasrs a very odd picture from my mind!

I think it's much more scary to think your bits are disappearing inside if you're a bloke, at least nipples have got plenty of boob flesh to sink into. (and they sell things for inverted nipples already!)
A very odd syndrome that I hadn't heard of before.


Not sure

Post 4

Treesinger

I wasn't sure from the post about the cause. Is it a psycho-somatic condition or is their a a definite physical cause and effect relationship?


Not sure

Post 5

Mikey the Humming Mouse - A3938628 Learn More About the Edited Guide!

I think I'd use the term "psychogenic" rather than "psychosomatic", but yes, it's origins are considered to be a mixture of psychological/social/cultural rather than physiological.

smiley - aliensmile
Mikey


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Koro - the Genital Retraction Syndrome

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more