A Conversation for Washing Lines and Clothes Pegs

washing lines and clothes pegs

Post 1

hotblack desiato

Thes two devices have been around for years, and are some of the most useful things any household can posess. However, They are also two of the most dangerous, so beware!

1)Washing lines:
There are many dangers with washing lines, but the most common is the risk of strangulation or even, in extreme cases, decapitaion.
Picture the scene, in the dark of night, you have the need (or obscure desire) to walk to the bottom of your unlit garden. You get halfway down when, shock horror, you find yourself garotted by a dangerously low strung washing line! Pain and humiliation result freely from this.
A second, and more deadly danger is the "mental floss" situation, whereby you are playing football/tennis/kick the baby in a garden with a metal framed, rotary line, when you trip in a moment of sporting excellence, allowing an arm of the line to pass clearly through one ear and out the other. Ouch.

2)Clothes pegs:
There are two main dangers when it comes to pegs. Firstly, while testing (as is pefectly normal) the grip of a peg on one's finger, often the finger turns red and starts to throb, leaving you hopping up and down, ignoring the brain's instructions to simply take it off. Secondly, the cheaper plastic pegs (like I buy) often take it upon themselves to spontaneously combust, dropping your clean, virtually dry washing into the deposit of a visiting friend or relative's incontinent dog.

Now, having read this warning, you may simply think that I am stupid, and not fit to wash my own clothes, but I assure you that both of these items have been described as deadly by a group of expert students, who, along with myself, have vowed never to do laundry again in fear of death. However, if you are a careless type who, for the sake of "freshness" and "hygiene" still wish to wash your clothing, HEED MY ADVICE TO AVOID PERSONAL INJURY!!!!!!
Hotblack


Key: Complain about this post

washing lines and clothes pegs

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more