A Conversation for Bystander Effect

bystander observations

Post 1

hollypuppy

I have wittnessed similar behavior in groups of people who can't seem to yank their brains free of some sort of tripped out mass mind meld. I remember it from grade school when 'clicks' would turn on one or two individuals, and sadly this was something not only widely accepted by teachers, but almost expected. I have always detested this trait and all other variations of it as being the weakest forms of human passivness, and to this day I witness it in my job,and much more often than you'd think adults would still succumb to this theft of power by a group from an individual. I really think it's due to some sort of recessed gene, like wolves in a way, they work in in a carefully orchestrated manner as a group, surrounding their prey and closing in, in sections til the victim is completely surrounded. It's part of the reason I decided to become a union steward. I don't like to intervene but I detest groups of weak minded people ganging up on one, regardless of the reason.


Key: Complain about this post

bystander observations

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more