A Conversation for Bisexuality

Excellent Ideas

Post 1

BenniBi

I was just about to write an entry about bisexuality and then I remembered - check to see if it has been done before. Quickly searched and came up with yours, top slot. I must say that whatever I was thinking of writing would have cowered behind the sofa compared to what you have written! A Brilliant article in my mind and I could not and would not have said it better myself!
Picking up on a point in your entry, I hate the way people seem to think that bisexuality doesn't exist, that there are only two very defined sexualities, homo or heterosexual. The best description for human sexuality that I have found is one that sees it as a sliding scale with those two previously stated lifestyles and having bisexuality in between these as a sort of half-and-half rather than a combination of the two (leading to a misconception of "bis are just greedy"). This sort of model woudl also explain why some people have 'homo or heterosexual tendencies', why some people seem to indulge only occasionally into a different sex than normal and how some people can seem to, possibly after a traumatic event relating to their sexuality, swing back and forth.
As a bisexual myself, I am lucky in saying that I am one of the few stated in your article that found out very early (16) and had no doubts about it - I suddenly realised this about myself and have never doubted it for a second. Lucky old me - poor people who have to go through months and years of indecision because of their sexuality, whatever way they swing.

Yours.

Ben Hill aka BenniBi


Excellent Ideas

Post 2

Fragilis - h2g2 Cured My Tabular Obsession

Thanks for the feedback, Ben. I'm glad you enjoyed the article, and of course I agree with you -- about pretty much everything you wrote!

This entry should be featured on the front page of h2g2 as part of a project on "Sexual Orientation" soon. You can find the link to the whole project on my personal home page. Ta!


Excellent Ideas

Post 3

BenniBi

Wowee, I looked at the project and I do like all that you have written there - very interesting I must say!
Thank you for those interesting articles, i especially liked the gender pronoun game article - it reminded me of this film I saw ages ago, about a comic-book writer who meets a lesbian and proceeds to woo her and then it all goes horribly wrong when he suggests, to calm the tide between him, his house-mate and his girlfriend, that they should all sleep together... quite a sad ending really... dya know which one I am talking about cos i would love to see that again.. hehe

brilliant writing and good luck with more! smiley - smiley

BenniBi


Excellent Ideas

Post 4

Fragilis - h2g2 Cured My Tabular Obsession

You're talking about "Chasing Amy." It was directed by Kevin Smith and stars Ben Affleck. More info is at http://us.imdb.com/Title?0118842

And yes, that's a case where the gender pronoun game gets used by a lesbian to disguise a straight partner from her lesbian friends. Unfortunately, it doesn't work as well with gay people. They've seen it all before -- or some of them have, anyway.

Thanks for the kind words, BenniBi. smiley - smiley


Excellent Ideas

Post 5

BenniBi

Hello again!

Thanks for the title and yes, it is used often in gay/lesbian circles whereas most straight people easily fall into the trap of normality! smiley - smiley

Thanks again.

BenniBi


Excellent Ideas

Post 6

WebWitch

This is just a lovely piece - thank you smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more