A Conversation for Diana Wynne Jones - Author

Fire and Hemlock

Post 1

DaiAN

I wouldn't say that its ending is disappointing; confusing, perhaps, and really hard to understand, but definitely not BAD.


Fire and Hemlock

Post 2

manda1111

Sorry to butt in on your conversation, but if
Researcher "diaNA
would go back to there own page and then click on the "EDIT PAGE" button and then write a little something about your self, as this will activate your page and then a ACE can come and welcome you there properly
Sorry for interrupting your conversation smiley - ok

Manda smiley - magic



Fire and Hemlock

Post 3

elmsyrup

I agree, definitely confusing, but after reading the book many, many times over the last ten or fifteen years I think I have it worked out. It's my favourite book of all time out of all the thousands and thousands I have read and this is one of the reasons I love it so much- you discover something new each time you read it. I hunted for the cover I first read it in (from the library) so I'm very proud of my copy now. I think Hexwood is the most similar of DWJ's books but my other favourites are Homeward Bounders (truly breathtaking) and Archer's Goon. Does anyone else remember the TV series that was made of that?


Fire and Hemlock

Post 4

Gnomon - time to move on

I also like Archer's Goon and Homeward Bounders the best of all DWJ's books. But she has written in so many different styles over the years that I like lots of others of her books in entirely different ways too!

Unfortunately I never saw the TV series of Archer's Goon.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more