A Conversation for British Vehicle Registration Plates

Personalised numbers

Post 1

Dr E Vibenstein (You know it is, it really is.)

The best personalised number plate I've ever seen is the butcher's van in Falkirk with the registration number M1NCE... smiley - smiley


Personalised numbers

Post 2

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

I wonder if the butcher has applied for the F00TNM plate for his private car? smiley - bigeyes


Personalised numbers

Post 3

Gordonjcp

I saw a breakdown truck with the plate RE51CUE near Cumbernauld once. But my favourite had to be the Aston Martin DB7 I saw on Great Western Road in Glasgow, with the registration V12 TOY...

My first car, an elderly Volvo, had the registration plate USO 8X. It was great fun, watching people try to read the "personalised plate"!


Personalised numbers

Post 4

MrsCloud

When i first got my car some people thought it was a personlised number plate as it only had too numbers.

My parents TVR Griffith came with the number plate including GRF, which my mum's director wanted to buy off them as his surname is Griffin.

Page needs updating to include the new plates.


Personalised numbers

Post 5

Liosliath the Guardian, Protector of Kittens and Puppies, Vanquisher of Flames,emeritus.

I cheated on getting a personalised plate. while visiting my sister in Wootton Bassett, Wiltshire, from the states, I had a custom job made at the local parts shop. I own a 1997 Ford Escort Estate that is painted purple (Royal Plum Metalic). My Ohio registered Escort proudly displays "PRPL HZE".


Personalised numbers

Post 6

Researcher 220282



I used to see every Friday heading south in Kentish Town Road, London Two BRG Aston Martin DB7s the first a male driver and the second a female driver and the No plates were 5EXY on the first and 505EXY on the secondsmiley - smiley wonder how much they would cost today?


Key: Complain about this post