A Conversation for Bandana

NKOTB

Post 1

JO

I'll say! Bandanna's rock...and you know why?
That pop sensation of the early 90's (New Kids on the Block)wore them.
They had a huge following of fans, but sadly i wasn't one of them,
although i do vividly remember this fashion mistake, and i have to say, i think it scarred me for life.


NKOTB

Post 2

Doug Dastardly

Some people are trying to forget things like this... I don't see why you had to go and remind everyone!


NKOTB

Post 3

RandomDNA

I still say that NKOTB and Backstreet Boys and 98 Degrees and NSync are the EXACT SAME GROUP!


NKOTB

Post 4

Doug Dastardly

From the same mould, definately. I think there's a production line somewhere...


NKOTB

Post 5

RandomDNA

*LOL* I think you're right.


NKOTB

Post 6

Doug Dastardly

I think the longest part of the process is coming up with a name for the group!


NKOTB

Post 7

RandomDNA

what'd you thik they do, write up the stupidest names they can think of and draw them from a hat? Oh, i heard something funny the other day! These news guys were intereviewing an Elvis impersonater, who'd just seen something by NSync on TV. Elvis: "I thought these were the NKOTB" News guy: "No, that's NSync" Elivis: "Yeah, in the sink and down the drain!"


NKOTB

Post 8

Doug Dastardly

Well, you can tell they're finding it harder and harder to come up with new names as they're having to make words up now! It's a definate case of style over content and a demonstration of the skills of the marketing department which is all very very sad.


NKOTB

Post 9

RandomDNA

Marketing departments have skills other than lying??? wow!


NKOTB

Post 10

Doug Dastardly

Well how else can you explain the success of these groups?


NKOTB

Post 11

RandomDNA

Good point! I wonder if they do a survey and see what possible names are most attractive to girls aged 10-15?


NKOTB

Post 12

Doug Dastardly

Of course they do. They must have done loads of research before putting all their eggs into one basket and mass producing so much of the same product! They'd not waste all that money unless there was a substantial return.


NKOTB

Post 13

RandomDNA

Really! Ever wonder how much those guys get paid not to sing anything lower than tenor?


NKOTB

Post 14

Doug Dastardly

Given the choice, how much do you think they would get not to sing at all smiley - winkeye.


NKOTB

Post 15

RandomDNA

*LOL* Who knows? BTW, you might wanna check out this page; it has a bit more about BB and NSnyc, though not directly mentioning them:go to http://www.h2g2.com/P64252


NKOTB

Post 16

Doug Dastardly

Haha, I just read your entry. Of course teenage girls are far too busy screaming to actually hear the music. It's not the music that's important is it?


NKOTB

Post 17

RandomDNA

smiley - smiley Glad you liked it. I submitted it for rejection, I can only hope...Nah, the music doesn't matter a bit to 'em. I should know, I live with a fan of theirs...Posters covering her walls, knew all the songs, but couldn't tell you most of the words, knew all of the singer's lives by heart..It's pathetic...


NKOTB

Post 18

Doug Dastardly

Well, I'm convinced that it's all a kind of selective brain washing. There's got to be a reason for it, but one that I fail to understand.


NKOTB

Post 19

RandomDNA

Why would they brainwash the teenaged girls? Oh, wait, they already have them trained to attack any person who dares criticize their group...Great. An Orwellian society of girls aged 10-15, now there's a scary thought!


NKOTB

Post 20

Doug Dastardly

I'm sure it's more to do with money! You must have seen all that merchandising! I mean, all those posters etc... it's crazy! They sell more *stuff* than they do music!


Key: Complain about this post