Somewhere between a hat and a handkerchief, the bandana originated as an item of biker clothing which has, with time, crossed over into the mainstream with varying degrees of success. Young American men with pale blue Levis and crisp white T-Shirts look cool in them. Eco-Warriors look comfortable in them, and old men from Scunthorpe attempt to recreate them on beach holidays by knotting a handkerchief around their head. There is also a clear plastic, waterproof variety preferred by older women in rainy countries.
Infinite Improbability Drive
"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."
Most Recent Entries
- The King of Prussia and the Potato Edict of 1756
- Why are there no Green or Violet Stars?
- Doctor Who Enemies: Homo Reptilia
- Williamson Art Gallery and Museum, Birkenhead, Wirral, UK
- Abraham Lincoln, the Funniest American Politician
- Battlestar Galactica - the Re-imagined TV Series
- The Massacre of Sir Edward Woodville's Isle of Wight Army at the Battle of St Aubin
- 'Basil the Great Mouse Detective' - the Film
- Zetans: the UFO Legend and Betty Hill's Star Map
- John Muir - Conservationist