Somewhere between a hat and a handkerchief, the bandana originated as an item of biker clothing which has, with time, crossed over into the mainstream with varying degrees of success. Young American men with pale blue Levis and crisp white T-Shirts look cool in them. Eco-Warriors look comfortable in them, and old men from Scunthorpe attempt to recreate them on beach holidays by knotting a handkerchief around their head. There is also a clear plastic, waterproof variety preferred by older women in rainy countries.
Infinite Improbability Drive
"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."
Most Recent Entries
- East Motors - 75 Years of Service
- Hats in Doctor Who: The Eleventh Doctor
- Doctor Who Enemies: The Rani
- Irish High Crosses
- 'Pipes of Peace' - the Music Video
- Blasphemy in New Jersey: Robert Ingersoll and the Atheist Tent Revival
- The Freedom to Insult Politicians: Eugene V Debs and the Sedition Act
- 'The Beast From 20,000 Fathoms' - the Film
- Algol - the Demon Star
- Walt Disney's Wartime Animation