Somewhere between a hat and a handkerchief, the bandana originated as an item of biker clothing which has, with time, crossed over into the mainstream with varying degrees of success. Young American men with pale blue Levis and crisp white T-Shirts look cool in them. Eco-Warriors look comfortable in them, and old men from Scunthorpe attempt to recreate them on beach holidays by knotting a handkerchief around their head. There is also a clear plastic, waterproof variety preferred by older women in rainy countries.
Infinite Improbability Drive
"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."
Most Recent Entries
- The Tootsie Roll Battle and the Chosin Few
- Main Organs of the United Nations
- Hadlow Road Railway Station, Wirral, UK
- Tintern Abbey, Co Wexford, Ireland
- Port Sunlight River Park, Wirral, UK
- The Children of James I
- Petroleum V Nasby and the Election of 1864
- The Duality of Human Nature According to 'Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde'
- James VI of Scotland Inherits the English Throne
- Speedy Salmon and Broccoli Pasta