Somewhere between a hat and a handkerchief, the bandana originated as an item of biker clothing which has, with time, crossed over into the mainstream with varying degrees of success. Young American men with pale blue Levis and crisp white T-Shirts look cool in them. Eco-Warriors look comfortable in them, and old men from Scunthorpe attempt to recreate them on beach holidays by knotting a handkerchief around their head. There is also a clear plastic, waterproof variety preferred by older women in rainy countries.
Infinite Improbability Drive
"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."
Most Recent Entries
- Charlotte Yonge - Author
- Galadriel, the Elf-Lady of Lorien
- The Chora Church, Istanbul, Turkey
- Keep on the Sunny Side - Singing Away the Great Depression
- Mimar Sinan, the Architect of the Ottoman Empire
- Doctor Who Enemies: Sil and the Mentors
- Julian of Norwich's World in a Nutshell: Life, the Universe, and Everything
- 'Despicable Me' - the Film
- Rover - the Rise and Fall of a Car Manufacturer
- 'Wyrd Sisters' - the Television Series