Somewhere between a hat and a handkerchief, the bandana originated as an item of biker clothing which has, with time, crossed over into the mainstream with varying degrees of success. Young American men with pale blue Levis and crisp white T-Shirts look cool in them. Eco-Warriors look comfortable in them, and old men from Scunthorpe attempt to recreate them on beach holidays by knotting a handkerchief around their head. There is also a clear plastic, waterproof variety preferred by older women in rainy countries.
Infinite Improbability Drive
"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."
Most Recent Entries
- The Nazgul, Tolkien's Black Riders
- Sir John Moores - 20th Century Entrepreneur
- 'Peter's Friends' - the Film
- The Man Mo Temple, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong, China
- James VI of Scotland Inherits the English Throne
- Speedy Salmon and Broccoli Pasta
- Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Star Trek Sex, but Were Afraid to Ask a Trekkie
- A Canal Walk - the Corbally Naas Branch of Ireland's Grand Canal
- Port Sunlight River Park, Wirral, UK
- Fate, Faith, and Phrenology: Fanny Crosby Meets George Combe