Somewhere between a hat and a handkerchief, the bandana originated as an item of biker clothing which has, with time, crossed over into the mainstream with varying degrees of success. Young American men with pale blue Levis and crisp white T-Shirts look cool in them. Eco-Warriors look comfortable in them, and old men from Scunthorpe attempt to recreate them on beach holidays by knotting a handkerchief around their head. There is also a clear plastic, waterproof variety preferred by older women in rainy countries.
Infinite Improbability Drive
"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."
Most Recent Entries
- RSPB Burton Mere Wetlands, Wirral, UK
- Choosing an Eyepiece for an Astronomical Telescope
- Howth Cliff Walk and the Bog of Frogs
- 'Antz' - the Film
- Yarn Bombing the Revolution: Tricoteuses and Phrygian Caps
- 'Live at the BBC' - the Album
- Dark Nebulae
- 'Westminster Mass' - a Musical Work by Roxanna Panufnik
- Chicken and Mushroom Pasta with Tomato and Rosemary
- The Culture Novels of Iain M Banks