Somewhere between a hat and a handkerchief, the bandana originated as an item of biker clothing which has, with time, crossed over into the mainstream with varying degrees of success. Young American men with pale blue Levis and crisp white T-Shirts look cool in them. Eco-Warriors look comfortable in them, and old men from Scunthorpe attempt to recreate them on beach holidays by knotting a handkerchief around their head. There is also a clear plastic, waterproof variety preferred by older women in rainy countries.
Infinite Improbability Drive
"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."
Most Recent Entries
- Penguins for Neighbours - the Post Office at the End of the World
- The League of Nations
- The Great Nappy Debate
- Bach's Mass in B Minor
- 'Desert Bus for Hope' - Charity Video Gaming Marathon
- The North Yorkshire Moors Railway
- Towel Day
- 'Despicable Me 2' - the Film
- Almagest - Ptolemy's Guide to the Heavens
- Travelling from Edinburgh to London