Somewhere between a hat and a handkerchief, the bandana originated as an item of biker clothing which has, with time, crossed over into the mainstream with varying degrees of success. Young American men with pale blue Levis and crisp white T-Shirts look cool in them. Eco-Warriors look comfortable in them, and old men from Scunthorpe attempt to recreate them on beach holidays by knotting a handkerchief around their head. There is also a clear plastic, waterproof variety preferred by older women in rainy countries.
Infinite Improbability Drive
"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."
Most Recent Entries
- Flying Business Class
- The Ultimate Disney Classic Animated Film Guide: 1970-1979
- Scrumptious Multigrain Bread Rolls - a Recipe
- Terror on the Jet Stream: The Japanese Fire Balloon Campaign of 1944-1945
- Kaffe Fassett - Artist, Knitter, Stitcher
- How to Create a Tomato Flower Garnish
- Travelling by Train in the UK - a Wheelchair User's Perspective
- East Motors - 75 Years of Service
- Hats in Doctor Who: The Eleventh Doctor
- Doctor Who Enemies: The Rani