Somewhere between a hat and a handkerchief, the bandana originated as an item of biker clothing which has, with time, crossed over into the mainstream with varying degrees of success. Young American men with pale blue Levis and crisp white T-Shirts look cool in them. Eco-Warriors look comfortable in them, and old men from Scunthorpe attempt to recreate them on beach holidays by knotting a handkerchief around their head. There is also a clear plastic, waterproof variety preferred by older women in rainy countries.
Infinite Improbability Drive
"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."
Most Recent Entries
- The Many Centres of a Triangle
- 'Forbidden Planet' - the Movie
- Getting a Meal on the Table on Time
- The Merseyside Maritime Museum, Liverpool, UK
- Yawn - the Top Ten Most Unexciting Things in the Cosmos
- Giving and Getting Flowers
- Dangerous Females: The Flapper Hair Revolution of the 1920s
- The McKinley Assassination: Greed and the Lone Gunman
- Why the Far Side of the Moon Looks Different
- The King of Prussia and the Potato Edict of 1756