Somewhere between a hat and a handkerchief, the bandana originated as an item of biker clothing which has, with time, crossed over into the mainstream with varying degrees of success. Young American men with pale blue Levis and crisp white T-Shirts look cool in them. Eco-Warriors look comfortable in them, and old men from Scunthorpe attempt to recreate them on beach holidays by knotting a handkerchief around their head. There is also a clear plastic, waterproof variety preferred by older women in rainy countries.
Infinite Improbability Drive
"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."
Most Recent Entries
- Bagels - A Simple Recipe
- Model Railways - The Complete Guide
- 'Past Masters: Volume Two' - the Album
- Taiho Jutsu – The Arresting Martial Art
- How to Make Your Mark in US History: The Hero and the Soundbite
- How to Bake a Perfect Cake with a Silicone Mould
- Count Sandor Vay - A Transgender Icon
- 'Clash of the Titans' - The 1981 Film
- Walt Disney Imagineering
- 'Jason and the Argonauts' - the Film