A Conversation for Henry Purcell (1659 - 1695)

King Arthur by Purcell

Post 1

Alfredo


These days - august 2007 - I had bought the DVD (2= 170min) about "King Arthur" in an opera by Henry Purcell.

To keep it short. (Region 1 = for USA. Europe is region 2 and I do not know if it is available in Europe).
It's worth it's price, but the text is German spooken and the songs in English.
But my Win DVD/it has an option in the menu that one can choose see/hear the music scenes, and for me that's the best choice.

Production by Arte and ZDF (German T.V. organisations).
The DVD contains the performance from the Salzburger Fest Spiele, recorded live at 24 - 28 July 2004.

By the way; it is never "illegal" to try to whipe out the whole "region"code story, because it's a technical product of the companies and there's not any country in the world that talks about region this or that.


Key: Complain about this post

King Arthur by Purcell

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more