A Conversation for An Overview of Waste Water

Looking good :-)

Post 1

Kheldar (Don't hate the media, Become the media)

The article looks very good. A well argued piece of work that seems like it's well thought over. A few points of comments are perhaps a good idea though.

First of all, I would use SUBHEADER instead of HEADER. It won't give you the bars, but just a plain text header to the subject. In my opinion it looks much nicer.

Second of all, in the first paragraph you start off with "First of all" and continue with an example. This is good, but I wouldn't start the next paragraph with "Another example". Either you give both of the examples a separate paragraph, or you just use a BR / to put them both in the same paragraph. It can be a bit confusing like this. Following that line of thinking, it's not completely clear what "Finally" in the third paragraph means. Is it the final example, or the final meaning of waste water?
The complete subject -> the meaning of waste water could be started with a sentence to introduce the subject. It looks much nicer if you don't start right off with summing up things, but with one or two sentences in advance.

Like you said yourself, it needs a bit more je-ne-sais-quoi to make it a bit more shiny, but it is a very promising start of the project. Those two topics I mentioned above are the two things I can think of right now. Maybe I'll find more later, if I do I will let you know immediately. Good luck with the project, and I will try to stay tuned to the follow-ups to it smiley - smiley

Kheldar


Your advice

Post 2

HollePolle

Inspired by your comments I started to look at entries - or their preview - twice: once in skin Alabaster and once in Classic GOO. My personal preference is Alabaster - even after getting some experience with Classic GOO. Therefore I updated my personal space with a link to itself to be viewed in Alabaster, for it displays some graphics with white background. You have probably realised those white backgrounds already, haven't you?

I followed your advice ( smiley - smiley) using at least some SUBHEADERs instead of HEADERs only. Unfortunately SUBHEADERs and bold text in Classic GOO are identical. So I kept some of the HEADDERs and rearranged the beginning of the article.

The new version 1.1 is updated since a couple of minutes. Have a look, if you like?!?

HP »--.


Your advice

Post 3

HollePolle

Now we have Version 1.2 already! smiley - smiley

HP »--.


By the way:

Post 4

HollePolle

The entries on "Biological background" and "Waste Water Content" are available in version 1.x!

HP »--.


By the way:

Post 5

Kheldar (Don't hate the media, Become the media)

Well, as far as I can tell, it looks good smiley - smiley. Of course, that's just the way it looks. Like I said before, I'm afraid I can't judge on the contents...


By the way:

Post 6

Phoenix

Greetings smiley - smiley

Good article. smiley - smiley Everything seems to be coming along nicely. I like the explanations of different types of waste water. It was well written and easy to understand.

42!

Phoenix

^..^
smiley - fish


Indeed, looks great!

Post 7

Monsignore Pizzafunghi Bosselese

I don't want to clutter my nitpicking everywhere on this project, and concentrate it here.

A few typos/nits:
A469064: desiered (desired), contminated (contaminated)
A469073: roganisms (organisms)

A469073: Perhaps take mention of household chemicals, cosmetics...
(these show up in A469082, but just to have it complete here)

A469082:
In industry this is often done --- done often.
under 'Collection and Combing' --> to keep hge (huge) amounts

All of them: bassin (basin); single quotes (')instead of doubles (")
_____________

Now for the more serious stuff:

Perhaps you include a footnote somewhere: Where's the difference between 'good' Nx (as used in the plant) and 'bad' Nx (as it originates from fertilizers and gets washed into the rivers) ? Is it just because not all the water is being cleaned?

_____________

Now for the climax smiley - smiley

It's fine reading, starts from the beginning and adds one layer after the other until the final climax. Even I (non-chemist) got the idea of it. Clearly not written on a single afternoon.


Indeed, looks great!

Post 8

Monsignore Pizzafunghi Bosselese

Holle, there's an interesting report (in German) at:
http://www.fpoe-wahl.at/fpoezentrale/eu_aktuell.htm
(slow server)

I don't know from when this article was, but it states that Brussels (where the EU resides) and Milano are the only major european cities *without* a waste water plant. They let it flow into the Senne and Lambro, respectively.


Indeed, looks great!

Post 9

You can call me TC

(TC -- the Subed) I am just going through all the entries in this project (well, have been sort of for a few weeks, now!) I only just read Kheldar's comments, after I had spent some time playing with headers vs. subheaders. I hope the final picture is pleasing to all.

Also, I hope to provide some of the je ne sais quoi without spoiling Holle Polle's basic writing. Watch the front page for it now!


Indeed, looks great!

Post 10

You can call me TC

How did you get that URL to stay in?


Indeed, looks great!

Post 11

Monsignore Pizzafunghi Bosselese

Shhhhhh! I don't know, perhaps the mod mistook 'austria' for 'australia' ?


Key: Complain about this post