Limp Bizkit - the Band Content from the guide to life, the universe and everything

Limp Bizkit - the Band

2 Conversations

Limp Bizkit is a Rock/Hip-Hop crossover band whose members all grew up in Jacksonville, Florida, USA. The band was formed in 1994, and has had mixed reaction from the critics, many of them implying that the band is a copy of other bands, particularly KoRn. Notwithstanding the critics' comments, Limp Bizkit is a very successful band.

Band Members

  • Fred Durst - Vocals

  • Wes Borland - Guitar and backing vocals (BVs)

  • Sam Rivers - Bass and BVs

  • John Otto - Drums

  • DJ Lethal (formerly of House of Pain) - Decks/Sound effects

Albums

Limp Bizkit have signed with Flip and Interscope Records and have cut two albums so far (at the time of writing). The first, Three Dollar Bill Y'all$, (not a typo), launched them into the limelight with songs inspired by the betrayal that Fred felt he had suffered, especially at the hands of the 'fairer sex'. Their second album, Significant Other, was a lot cleaner than the first in terms of style and the way it was executed. This album saw more heavy rock and hip-hop tones and guest appearances. Notable names included Jon Davies, lead singer of KoRn, Scott Wheelan and Method Man of the Wu Tang Clan.

Songs

Notable songs from the band include:

  • 'Leech' - The demo track they cut for Flip and Interscope. It tells of an annoying friend who will not leave Fred alone.

  • 'Faith' - An aggressive version of the George Michael song.

  • 'Nookie' - About staying with a girl who treats him like dirt and then saying he was only in it for the sex at the end.

  • 'Break Stuff' - Summed up by the opening line, 'It's just one of those days where you don't wanna wake up, everything is f....d, everybody sucks...'. If you hadn't guessed already, it's about having a bad day.

  • 'Take A Look Around' - This is the theme, signature and trailer song for the movie Mission Impossible 2, starring Tom Cruise.

The Limp Bizkit Spirit of Togetherness

A momentous occasion occurred in 1998 with the first Family Values tour. This was organized by KoRn and their record label, Immortal, and was truly a sight to behold. Bands who loved to rock were assembled from all around the USA for a spectacular show. In 1998 the line up included KoRn, Limp Bizkit, Orgy, Ramstein and Ice Cube. A new group, Stained, signed by Limp Bizkit for Flip/Interscope, was added to the line-up for the 1999 tour. Not only did these bands play their own sets but also joined in with the other acts. KoRn crossed with Limp Bizkit and Ice Cube. Orgy roped in Jon Davies and a fun time was had by all. Notably, Limp Bizkit has hooked up with Eminem for several songs and perhaps Eminem will be persuaded onto the 2000 Family Values Tour.

Limp Bizkit have now released their third album, bizarrely entitled Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog Flavored Water which includes the song 'Take a Look Around'. On the whole it is a more polished album than the first two, perhaps even over-polished. It also tends to lean more heavily on the Rap and Hip-Hop style rather than Rock and Metal.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Edited Entry

A467048

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry

Categorised In:


Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more