Third Eye Blind - the Band Content from the guide to life, the universe and everything

Third Eye Blind - the Band

2 Conversations

Third Eye Blind is a rock band consisting of lead singer/songwriter/guitarist Stephan Jenkins, drummer Brad Hargreaves, bassist and co-songwriter Arion Salazar, and - until recently - guitarist and co-songwriter Kevin Cadogan.

To date, the band has released two albums: the 1997 debut Third Eye Blind, and the 1999 Blue that looks set to repeat the immense success and popularity of its predecessor.

Third Eye Blind, or 3EB, as fans call them, are probably best known for their huge 1997 smash hit, 'Semi-Charmed Life', a song about a relationship torn apart by drug abuse. The draw of this track, as with so much of the band's music, is its ability to combine irresistibly catchy melodies and riffs with powerfully emotional statements. In fact, the lyrics to 'Slow Motion' sparked controversy by attempting to comment on recent schoolyard shootings. It touched such a raw nerve in the American sensibility that heavy editing followed, resulting in its being released only as an instrumental track on the album Blue.

Other major hits recorded by this band from San Francisco include the inspirational 'Jumper', 'Graduate', 'How's It Going to Be', the haunting 'I Want You', 'Never Let You Go', and the most recent single, 'Ten Days Late'.

Despite their phenomenal success, Third Eye Blind has not been without troubles. Ex-guitarist Kevin Cadogan quit amidst a furore of animosity to form his own band, Bully. Rifts between him and 3EB frontman Stephan Jenkins apparently escalated to the point where he labelled the latter a 'megalomaniac' and reportedly commented, 'He's so narcissistic that he isn't capable of rational thought'. Nonetheless, at the time of writing, fans of the band are hopeful that it will survive this blow.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Edited Entry

A464131

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry

Categorised In:


Written by

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more