A Conversation for Adam Ant - Pop Star

"Kings" sounds crap on CD

Post 1

JHP

Liked the article. I grew up listening to this stuff and still like to play it occasionally. Last year I thought I would finally replace my vinyl copy of "Kings of the Wild Frontier" with a CD version. It sounded terrible. The CD has been remastered. There is hardly any "top end". I took the CD back for a refund, and I wrote to Sony Music/CBS to comment! I have since bought a CD recorder and have copied my LP onto CD-R in preference to the genuine CD version. Has anybody else with a liking for the Ants AND an ear for quality (or is that a contradiction?) found the same thing?

Incidentally the "re-release" of "Dirk Wears White Sox" on CBS was a slightly altered LP with a new cover photo, and three or so of the tracks were different and/or in a different order.


"Kings" sounds crap on CD

Post 2

Dr E Vibenstein (You know it is, it really is.)

Interesting. A while ago I was copying my vinyl "Kings" LP to my hard drive for burning on to CD, and I thought it sounded crap, there was far too much top end. Maybe it's my turntable though. smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more