The Guinea Pig, Dalkey, Co Dublin, Ireland Content from the guide to life, the universe and everything

The Guinea Pig, Dalkey, Co Dublin, Ireland

3 Conversations

Somewhat surprisingly, the Guinea Pig is a fish restaurant about 40 yards downhill from Dalkey DART1 station. Despite the exclusive locality2, the food is reasonably priced, with an 'early bird' menu before 8pm.

Our Researcher enjoyed the chowder to start with, and braised lamb shank for the main course; the latter cooked to the point where it nearly fell off the bone unassisted. The strawberries and home-made ice cream for pudding wrapped it all up. His partner had deep fried mushrooms followed by crab and a fruits of the forest compôte to finish. The total bill, including a bottle of Argentinean white, was IR£60.

The restaurant is open seven nights a week, from 6pm.

1Dublin Area Rapid Transport .2Dalkey is the wealthy area of Co Dublin boasting rich and famous inhabitants such as Eddie Irvine (Formula One racing driver) and, occasionally the singers Bono and Enya to name (drop) just a few.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Edited Entry

A437483

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry

Categorised In:


Written by

References

h2g2 Entries

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more