A Conversation for Durex Condoms

Spermicidal Extra Safe

Post 1

popecatapetal

Here in Ireland, the Extra Safe condoms don't seem to have any spermicide anymore. Three years ago, yes; now, no. Anyone know why this happened?


Spermicidal Extra Safe

Post 2

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

smiley - erm I pressumed* that in England they still had the spermacide in em smiley - erm No idea smiley - weird


Spermicidal Extra Safe

Post 3

I'm not really here

The packet I've got upstairs has got 'non-spermicidal lubricant' in as well - but I've always been of the opinion that 'extra safe' were made for 'manly' pleasures which could well be why there is none in there. I was a bit miffed when the other half came home with that type.


Spermicidal Extra Safe

Post 4

Peta

Hi Popecatapetal,

I just spoke to Con and she said that when she wrote the entry that was indeed the case, but we've just checked the Durex website and it says

Durex Extra Safe 18 pack

Easy-on condoms that are slightly thicker and extra lubricated to provide the ultimate reassurance.

So it does indeed look like they've changed the product a bit - as the article says they are particularly designed for anal sex, so I guess a lubricant is more useful than a spermicide.

We've updated the article to reflect this now, thanks for pointing it out!

Great name by the way, very volcanic!


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more