A Conversation for Final Fantasy 7 - the Computer Game

Pedant alert !!

Post 1

Livzy

How can anything which is "final" have further editions?

"Final" means "last" doesn't it?

Kinda like the "Best...music in the world - Ever! 2,3,4,5 etc"

Stoopid !!


Pedant alert !!

Post 2

Nineto Okami

The series is called "Final" because the first game Final Fantasy was a last ditch effort of behalf of Square to keep from going under. It did tremendously well and the decided to continue the series in hopes of keeping the flame lit (and a darn good thing they did!).


Pedant alert !!

Post 3

U187265

Another common question is whether there will ever be a final "Final Fantasy". This is often met with clamours of "Shut up, oaf!" etc. etc.


Pedant alert !!

Post 4

U187265

I've also just found another theory as to why Final Fantasy is so-called.

According to RPGamer (very reliable source) "The name comes from (legend has it) the concerns of the series developer, Squaresoft, who fretted that they were spending so much money on the game that if they didn't make it back, it really would be the final fantasy."

Until I read that, the only theory I had heard was th one mentioned above.

But, quite frankly, who cares? smiley - erm


Pedant alert !!

Post 5

Livzy

agree with you - who does care - but we still bothered to post tho!!

hehehehehe!

More time on our hands than work to do!


Pedant alert !!

Post 6

The Iron Maiden

I heard somewhere that Square are planning on stopping the series at FF15...but I really don't remember where I heard that to or how trustworthy that is.


Pedant alert !!

Post 7

RFJS__ - trying to write an unreadable book, finding proofreading tricky

Sakaguchi is quoted in an early issue of the now sadly defunct Total Control as saying that he'd like to continue for as long as time and energy permit, and is aiming for at least thirty.


Pedant alert !!

Post 8

Firefly99

Of course they'll have to stop at Number Thirty, because it'll be called Final Fantasy XXX, and your average middle-aged guy taking it home will get so disappointed the company will be sued into bankruptcy for false advertising.

Mind you, the way the female costumes are going...


Pedant alert !!

Post 9

The Iron Maiden

lmmfaao!

Nah, I think I could do with 30 smiley - smiley


Pedant alert !!

Post 10

RFJS__ - trying to write an unreadable book, finding proofreading tricky

Of course, Sakaguchi won't be in charge anymore anyway, now he's left for Mistwalker.


Pedant alert !!

Post 11

U187265

Well, according to this April Fool by RPGamer, he's had a change of heart.

Bunch of gits. I was really fooled/delighted by this. smiley - wah

Ali


Key: Complain about this post