A Conversation for The 1916 Easter Rising

bullet holes

Post 1

NPY

It's really weird when you see the GPO to think that it was such an important place in the events.

The bullet holes are the weirdest bit I think. Those pillars probably saved some people from being killed there.


bullet holes

Post 2

Lash LeRue

Thats Fine Wicklow granite, stoped the shells, the only reason they left was that the roof caught fire.

There are angels on the GPO roof and one has both its wings shot with a machine gun and a single bullet hole in between the eyes.


bullet holes

Post 3

NPY

Oh, the poor angel! Never noticed them before actually. Must remember to look next time I'm in Dublin.

So you from Dublin yourself then?


bullet holes

Post 4

Lash LeRue

Nah, A Culchie Corkonian born and bred, I bleed red.....smiley - erm and white.


bullet holes

Post 5

NPY

Ah. Totally opposite end of Ireland to me. I'm from the North Coast. County Londonderry.


bullet holes

Post 6

Lash LeRue

Ah yes I'm on the arse and of the teddy bear that is the Isle while your up there around... the ear I suppose. On the plus side we dont get alot of ear wax down here, but we do get aaalllooottt of Teddy Poop.


bullet holes

Post 7

NPY

smiley - rofl

Never thought of it like that. I'd been told the teddy Bear thing, but never really thought of the whole ear wax and stuff thing.


bullet holes

Post 8

Lash LeRue

Oh ya, after a wahile you really start to appreciate Galway/Clare area. Notice where the shannon enters the atlantic is also where the teddy bear would have his *cough* langer.


bullet holes

Post 9

NPY

Interesting...Never really thought in detail about the anatomy of the teddy island.


bullet holes

Post 10

Lash LeRue

Oh belive an insomniac, 4 o'clock in the morning and you will deeply think about anything... oh and also learn the joys of a tayto sandwich and 3 in the morning.


bullet holes

Post 11

NPY

smiley - rofl

Tayto....one of the many things that you don't see when you leave the Emerald Isle!


bullet holes

Post 12

Lash LeRue

My cousin went to Australia for a year. A week before christmas he rings me and asks for three things to be sent over to him in the biggest box I could find:

Cheese and onion tayto's,
Cadbury cream eggs,
tayto waffles.


bullet holes

Post 13

NPY

smiley - laugh

Did you know that you can go onto the Tato website and have them deliver you a box of crisps? A friend told me about it.


bullet holes

Post 14

Lash LeRue

smiley - drool

now all I need is cadbury smiley - choc

smiley - droolsmiley - drool


bullet holes

Post 15

NPY

Check out their website and see if they do the same.


bullet holes

Post 16

Lash LeRue

Better not, watching my figure.


My bosses can be some pricks when it comes to weight.


bullet holes

Post 17

NPY

Your bosses?


bullet holes

Post 18

Lash LeRue

whooopss should have made that clearer.

Irish Army, wwweeelll tecnically FCA at the mo, but after I get my degree officership in the army.

Did a tour and basically its one of the few things I found most rewarding.


bullet holes

Post 19

NPY

That makes sensr. Was getting scared tghat your bosses just wanted you to be a twig for company image or somewthing daft.


bullet holes

Post 20

Lash LeRue

smiley - laugh

No.. although they do enjoy telling me the I am "A WORTHLESS MAGGOT"


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for The 1916 Easter Rising

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more