A Conversation for Spoons

Toothpicks

Post 1

Maewfannwr

Have you ever read the instructions for a pack of toothpicks? Perhaps the world really HAS gone crazy.


Toothpicks

Post 2

SpaceJunkie

Well post them please- I do not tend to buy toothpicks, but indulge in the lon enjoyed method of using my fingernails.. With the danger of furthar wedging the trapped material in my teeth though... I try to avoid stringy meats though. Anyway please do tell us what the instructions were.


Toothpicks

Post 3

Maewfannwr

I'm sorry, but if I had my copy of the fourth book in the Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy I could tell you, but I don't so I can't.
When I get it I will.


Toothpicks

Post 4

SpaceJunkie

Ahhh... I do have said book. In fact I have every one. So it is not an actual pack of toothpicks- just one in The Source?
smiley - fish


Toothpicks

Post 5

Agi

My life is empty for I have not read the instructions on a packet of toothpicks. I (actually me, not "I heard of a bloke whose neighbours brother met a bloke who...) have read the instructions on a stick deoderant
1. Remove Cap
2. Push up bottom.

I am also the proud owner of a set of kitchen knives with the following warning.

Caution: Do not put into children

The world has well and truly lost the plot. We can but try to record as much of our lives as possible, on the off-chance that intelligent life does eventually decide to pop in. Perhaps these warnings will prevent them from inventing the american SUE-YOU mentality and bring and end to gameshows(no real reason, I just don't like gameshows).


Toothpicks

Post 6

Paglelander (1 & only)

I need to find out where Agi lives (England?, County?) so I can find where he bought the knives with the hilarious instructions (Please do not put into children) and buy them myself, I would hang them on the wall of my bedroom to look at during times of depression. So that I could laugh at the insanity on the world on which we live.


Toothpicks

Post 7

Agi

Got them at the Ideal homes show in London last year. Set of Solingen steel kitchen knives. I guess the instructions don't translate exactly from German. The scary bit was the bill showing up on my credit card from Online Leisure Entertainments Ltd. I was convinced that someone was getting porn at my expense. But no, Online Leisure Entertainments Ltd sell kitchenware. Go figure.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more