A Conversation for Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA

Scrapple

Post 1

Fragilis - h2g2 Cured My Tabular Obsession

Not being a local, I have to ask. What is scrapple?


Scrapple

Post 2

Heidi Supreme

right, scrapple... see, it's kind like they take the parts of the meat that they don't use, but not like in pepperoni, its mushy-er, and make it into this block of gray-brown meat. you slice it down and fry it in a pan so it isn't mushy anymore. its the greasiest thing ever. i think its all grease, actually. but it smells ok when its cooking and it goes well with scrambled eggs and toast. the important thing is not to think about what it's made out of. just eat it. scrapple actually wasn't a philadelphia thing originally i don't think, pennsylvania dutch or something, more middle pennsylvania, they have a museum for it there. but you figure that between scrapple, cheesesteaks, soft pretzels, hoagies and all that other stuff, its no surprise that philadelphia was deemed the fattest city in america. it gives you and odd sense of pride.


Scrapple

Post 3

26199

http://www.h2g2.com/A189812

smiley - smiley


Scrapple

Post 4

Fragilis - h2g2 Cured My Tabular Obsession

Thanks for the explanation!


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more