A Conversation for Terrorism

Terrorists do not exist

Post 1

Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/alabaster/A1054496


Terrorists do not exist

Post 2

Jim Lynn

This is spam. Stop posting the same thing in multiple places - it's against the house rules.


Terrorists do not exist

Post 3

Pedantic Programmer

I agree. See my profile. Well, they do exist, but people exagerate terrorism - makes a good little adventure to pretend we're going to die the next day.


Terrorists do not exist

Post 4

Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

Traveller in Time smiley - tit on his head
"smiley - wow this is old, must have been my first days. "


Terrorists do not exist

Post 5

paracelsus


Anti-Terrorist Laws were supposedly brought in to deal with Terrorists, and we were told "If you are not a terrorist you've nothing to fear."

Consider this: a couple of months ago, a Downing Street Hunt protester was arrested for an minor offence involving his dog. Under anti-terror laws they entered his home, removed his computer, and took his mobile phone.

In the second case a couple of weeks later, a male nurse, protesting about the NHS, shouted "Boo!" twice as Blair's limo left Downing St. He was arrested by police. He asked if saying "Boo" was against the law and the officers quoted anti-terror laws. His home PC was taken away, as was his mobile phone.

I think it was Benjamin Franklin who said that people who surrendered their freedom for a bit more security, will ultimately lose both.


Terrorists do not exist

Post 6

BadZen

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety"

...possibly Benjamin Franklin, though there is some doubt.

but that's not important - it's a statement that is relevant and true.

smiley - cheers


Key: Complain about this post