A Conversation for Terrorism

Become an Anti-Terrorist

Post 1

Sir KyL

Spider Robinson once said the following:

If Terrorism is the use of random acts of violence to further a cause, become an Anti-Terrorist... Practice random acts of Kindness...


Become an Anti-Terrorist

Post 2

Two Bit Trigger Pumping Moron

Because that will really soften the heart of a person who is willing to fly a plane full of people into an occupied building.


Become an Anti-Terrorist

Post 3

NightShade

Perhaps it would make their heart soften. On the other hand, it is fairly likely that they will just hate you for your kindness, and repay you with evil anyway. People who are willing to fly an airplane into a building are none too likely to turn around after you give them a plate of cookies. Instead, they would think you are a condescending jerk of all kinds, and attack you even more.
The biggest reason to become an "anti-terrorist" is for yourself. It allows you to serve others (hopefully selflessly) and, in such a way, allow you to grow, as you will enjoy being able to help people. So go out. Enjoy your random acts of kindness. Just don't expect everyone to be perfectly kind in return... it doesn't always work that way.


Become an Anti-Terrorist

Post 4

Two Bit Trigger Pumping Moron

I think it's great to be nice to people. I love being nice to people. It makes you feel good too, and everyone is happy.

However, for some people, the only answer is imprisonment or death.

Two Bit
Life is messy - Karen Buckman


Become an Anti-Terrorist

Post 5

Researcher 206230

some time we have to retaliet.
we all belive in love but sometimes the only answer is war
because they see us (does how belive in love) as week
and so try do destroy us and our belives


Become an Anti-Terrorist

Post 6

paulie

terrorists are people too. I don't think we should make any allowances for their actions, but certainly we can try to understand what prompted them. Besides real acts of random kindness don't expect any in return. It would not be "kind" to allow a terrorist to continue in their destructive path, not even to the terrorist. But it would be kind to keep in mind they are flesh and blood and the product of the society that spawned them, and it wouldn't cost us a thing. It would be a real test of the sincerity of our kindness if we did this knowing full well it would not be reciprocated.


Become an Anti-Terrorist

Post 7

NightShade

That sounds like a distinctly medieval attitude. The whole "We are treating you the way we want to, because it is the best thing for you."

During the entirety of the middles ages, small-town (provincial!) magistrates would judge entire villages, according to what they thought was right. If a man made overtures to a woman, he was put in the stocks. If a man stole, his hand was chopped off.

Are we being just, or chopping off hands?


Become an Anti-Terrorist

Post 8

Two Bit Trigger Pumping Moron

I agree to an extent. We should address the underlying causes that create help spawn terrorism. However, the only answer proper way to deal with a terrorist is to kill or capture them. Giving in just encourages more terrorism. We can't allow it to be effective.


Become an Anti-Terrorist

Post 9

Frameo

Random mnactsd of kindeness would be a damned sight better in some situations than random acts of violence. If the world were kinder it would be a much nicer place to live in however acts of kindness sometimes have sinister motives, like a paedophile giving sweets to kids.

I am an anti-terroristsmiley - biggrinsmiley - smiley and agree wholehertedly with being kind to people, whatever they might think of mesmiley - bubblysmiley - ale


Become an Anti-Terrorist

Post 10

Two Bit Trigger Pumping Moron

Who purposed random acts of violence? I certainly didn't. I support delibrate and focused acts of violence.


Become an Anti-Terrorist

Post 11

Omrow_muslim

Salam

You can solve more problems by winning the heart than by kicking the butt.


Key: Complain about this post