A Conversation for The Hillsborough Tragedy

Hillsborough and terraces

Post 1

RedWills Da Chairboy

Having watched various documentaries about war battles and disasters etc, I have to say a documentary the Beeb did on this tragic event was one that really chilled me. The live TV pictures were horrific and hopefully nothing like this will ever happen again. However, I'm a strong supporter of the terrace. I'm a season ticket holder at Wycombe Wanderers and I stand on the terrace and it's so much better than being in a plastic seat where there's a 'plastic' atmosphere. There's a lot more banter and a lot more noise. Why did Taylor think that getting rid of the terrace would get rid of hooliganism? It just transports it to the towns where innocent people get caught up in fights.


Hillsborough and terraces

Post 2

The Russian Doctor

Hillsborough had nothing to do with hooliganism. Incompetent policing and stewarding and a frigtheningly dangerous ground were the contributory factors. The remit of the Taylor Inquiry and subsequent Report was about safety of the fans NOT the eradication of hooliganism.


Hillsborough and terraces

Post 3

Scruff79

Terraces were removed because they are not safe.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more