Unofficial London Christmas party January 2005

26 Conversations

Is it possible for H2G2 researchers to organise themselves for a party?


Ho Yus! Badgers and rampaging mushrooms asides, the H2G2 researchers have over the years managed a 'few' get togethers, one during the summer and one around Christmas, and this year shall be no exception


To find out what the rampaging researchers have gotten up to before, have a look at A649299

Who's going to this 'ere party then chuck?


Head over to
sign up here
to sign ut, and to find out who is attending, go along to
A3099134


When!


The date has now been decided on, and the meet shall take place on the 8 of January.


Where?


In the evening we shall be atending a different venue from previous years; we seem to have 'outstayed' our welcome at the 'Oak' where we have met at the last few meets


This year we shall be spending the evening in the Bell Book and Candle, in central Londond near St pauls.


The Bell Book and Candle has agreed to open for us on the Saturday night, a time when it is not normally open. The evening event will start from around 6 PM. Till this time the pub is open to the general public as well, though some resurchers will be found here from about 4 PM!


The address for the Bell Book and Candel is::
42 Ludgate Hill,
London,
EC4M 7DE


Check out the Bell Book and Candle website at ::
http://www.eeriepubco.com/pub.php/bell_book_candle

Afternoon Activity


There will also be an afternoon activity that older and younger researchers acan attend alike. This year it is suggested that there is a vistit to the National Gallery.


The plan for those wishing to attend is to meet up on the steps of the National Gallery, Trafalgar Square at 3pm.
To find out about the afternoon activy and sign up go to
A3360944

For those who would like to do something in the afternoon but do not want to visit the National Gallary, some researchers will be found proping up the bar in the Bell Book and Candle from around 4 PM. The pub serves food on Saturday till 5 PM, so get in early for those wanting feeding before things get into full swing in the evening.

Is there anything else I need to know?

If you haven't attended a meet-up before or even if you have been to every single one, we have collected a few guidelines
together to make sure we all have a safe and happy time.

-->

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A3098991

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more