A Conversation for Quarks

Actually...

Post 1

Saint Taco-Chako (P.S. of mixed metaphors)

They found traces of sub-quark particles in a linear accelerator about five years ago. Nobody knows anything about them, but it led a few scientists to bring up the Orson Scott Cardian theory of the dimensionless particle, called an auia, which is theoretically the smallest possible anything.


Actually...

Post 2

Jim diGriz

And there was an article in Scientific American recently about some experiments at CERN that appear to have created a quark-gluon plasma i.e. free quarks!

Have a look at it here:

http://www.sciam.com/2000/0400issue/0400scicit1.html

jd smiley - smiley


knowledge

Post 3

hans christian anderson

atom (!!atomies)- smallest possible thing.

Big-bigger-biggest.

Irelevant in situations discussed.

Discussion of coherent energy values more functional.

Atomic weight not limiting factor for functions of inertia/binding.


Actually...

Post 4

Herforderman

Hey, I've heard about this quark-gluon plasma.
Isn't it the thing with the "strange matter" on which some scientists belive that it will cause a black hole on earth?!
I am really curious about how mankind reacts when the riders of the apocalypse apear and tell us that we shot GOD with a peppermint-quark.


Actually...

Post 5

Amigo

T and B are also known as Truth and Beauty,btw,and are the heaviest
pair.
Glueballs,which are collections of the gluons which hold the quarks
together,have been produced briefly in electron-positron collisions.
The data from the latest gold-antigold atom collisions should be
very interesting...
atb,Amigo.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more