A Conversation for The Industrial Estate

John O'Groats Industrial Estate

Post 1

Bright Blue Shorts

When my friend and I visited JOG we were pleasantly entertained by the industrial estate. It was essentially a double garage with some skylights in it!!


John O'Groats Industrial Estate

Post 2

Icy North

Fascinating smiley - smiley

Did you see what industry was going on there!

I've been to Lands End, but there wasn't a lot there apart from a particularly tacky tourist village - I wasn't looking for industry at the time, though.

smiley - cheers Icy


John O'Groats Industrial Estate

Post 3

Bright Blue Shorts

This is a picture of it. http://www.geocities.com/bright_blue_shorts/DSCN1490.JPG

It's just up some sidetrack off the main road. The only reason we went along the track is that it gets you to the Eastern most point of the British Isles. I can't imagine anything happens there. I'd hate to be libellously speculative and suggest that it might be some kind of drug production factory ...

The only industry we could see in the town was sweater and candle making; plus charging extortionate prices to have a photo taken by the sign with your hometown's distance on it!


John O'Groats Industrial Estate

Post 4

Icy North

Great picture! smiley - laugh

The sign says 3 units, so presumably someone doesn't get a garage - maybe they get the executive office facilities in the roofspace?


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more