A Conversation for How to Survive Falling Out of a Plane

Another method

Post 1

acropoyds

When I was in the Air Training Corps, one of the staf advised that the best thing to do in those circumstances is to fall feet first, arms outstretched to your sides, with your left leg crossed over your right leg.

You are still going to die, but it means that whoever finds you will be able to remove your remains from the ground by unscrewing you anti-clockwise...


Another method

Post 2

Mat

My cousin was told during parachute training that if his chute didn't open he should, "grab hold of the grass when he lands as its the 2nd bounce that kills you!"


Another method

Post 3

The H2G2 Editors

>>>grab hold of the grass when he lands as its the 2nd bounce that kills you!

We've tried picturing this but we don't feel any more comforted. smiley - biggrin


Another method

Post 4

lostmonalisa

thank you so much for this good bit of advice. I'm wondering, if i print it out, and keep it with me at all times, will i have time to read it on the way down. I am quite a fast reader.


Another method

Post 5

Mat

Well, you should have about 2 mins to read it, provided you fall from 30,000 feet.


Another method

Post 6

lostmonalisa

good to know. I'll print it up and pack it with my travelling things.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more