The Blackwood Players Content from the guide to life, the universe and everything

The Blackwood Players

1 Conversation

Formed to put on an oft-theorised but never-seen version of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead1 and named after the working title for the X-Files movie, The Blackwood Players is a collective of freaks, geeks, nerds, and weirdos based in Athens, Ohio. The ultimate purpose of this group is to abuse as much of Ohio University as possible by taking advantage of its Registered Student Organization status.

Though a number of the Players have scattered following 1999's graduation ceremonies, they try to stay in touch with each other as well as any other interested parties through the Internet. Though they will eventually take over the world, or at least the world they inhabit in their own little heads, most members of the Players would be surprised to see actual fame come upon them through an international forum.

Group Activities

Activities of the Players include:

  • Attempted drama
  • Role-playing
  • Wars on fellow clubs
  • Wedding receptions
  • Star Wars marathons
  • Mental abuse of the alumni organization
1This is a play by Tom Stoppard which is a re-telling of Hamlet through two peripheral characters.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Edited Entry

A281918

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry

Categorised In:


Written by

Edited by

h2g2 Editors

References

h2g2 Entries

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more