A Conversation for Birmingham, The Midlands, UK

Anyone else know Hudson's on Colmore Row?

Post 1

U187657

I have to ask this - does anyone else treasure the oasis that is Hudson's on Colmore Row?

I have been going there for many years - since it was in City Plaza in fact: they only moved about two years ago.

In fact it was in City Plaza that I proposed to my now wife at Hudson's! Yup - the full down on one knee thing, with the ring having been brought out on a plate by the manager. Some random customer sent over a bottle of champagne to us and told the waiter not to let us know who he was - he just wanted to help us celebrate!

Anway: to those who don't know: Hudson's is a haven for the weary soul: the service is excellent but laid back and not in-your-face; the food is indescribably excellent and always fresh, tasy and served on time. In fact I just heard that they are opening in the evenings for the first time - I will go and let you know what it's like.

So: anyone else have any memories of Hudson's? See them at www.hudsonsfood.com


Key: Complain about this post

Anyone else know Hudson's on Colmore Row?

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more