H2G2SRPG - Classes

0 Conversations

The next aspect of your character is to choose his class. A class defines what your character is like, how he fights, their alignment towards good or evil, and so on. To choose a class, you must first find a base class that suits you. Base classes are listed by the large bold type. After finding the right base class, choose one subclass under that category. Remember, to use any class or sub-class, you must first meet its requirements.

Warrior

Warriors are your all-around good fighting guys. They are skilled in the use of all armour and can use most weapons with ease. They are the basebone of most adventures, able to hew a path through most obstacles.

Requirements:

  • Body: At least 10
  • Mind: Any
  • Soul: Any

Gains:

  • +1/+0/+0
  • Endurance

Barbarian

Barbarians are the lone warriors of the frozen steppes, the fur-wearing warriors who worry less about wisdom and more about loot, pillage, and plunder. They possess great strength, but little in the way of intelligence.

Requirements:

  • Body: At least 13
  • Mind: At most 9
  • Soul: Any

Gains:

  • +2/+0/+0
  • Berserker
  • Brute

Blackgaurd

Blackgaurds are the antithisis of what Paladins stand for. Corrupt and evil, Blackgaurds are known to terrorize countrysides, laying waste to villages, towns, and anywhere else they decide to go. Tracking a Blackgaurd is relatively simple; you just follow the bodies.

Requirements:

  • Body: At least 13
  • Mind: Any
  • Soul: At least 11

Gains:

  • +1/+0/+1
  • Massive Strength
  • Infamous
  • Subtle Aura (Terror)

Brawler

Brawlers are the final stage of what a man would become if he decided that he wanted to specialize in barroom fighting. Brawlers are markedly ungraceful fighters, disgusting in their tactics, but utterly effective in cleaning out whole rooms, including furniture.

Requirements:

  • Body: At least 11
  • Mind: Any
  • Soul: Any

Gains:

  • +1/+0/+0
  • Dirty Fighting
  • Stalwart

Gigas Fang

Gigas Fangs are massive warriors who specilize in the use of the heaviest of armour and massive weapons. Always a fearsome sight, the Gigas Fang wears heavy armour that completely conceals them, and wields weapons that are easily the size of a normal man.

Requirements:

  • Body: At least 15
  • Mind: Any
  • Soul: Any
  • Massive Strength

Gains:

  • +1/+1/+0
  • Shattering Strike
  • Zweihander
  • Brute

Katari

Katari are the names of those who have mastered the use of their class's namesake weapon, the katar, or punching dagger. Startlingly fast and agile, the Katari attacks like a whirlwind of steel, forsaking all but the lightest armour for freedom of movement. They are also known for their feats of acrobatics, jumps and flips, as well as some martial arts abilities.

Requirements:

  • Body: At least 14
  • Mind: Any
  • Soul: Any
  • Agile

Gains:

  • +1/+0/+0
  • Fleet Footed
  • Quick Reflexes

Monk

Monks are the quite, saffron-robed mystics whose devotion to physical purity has led them beyond the strength of mortal men.

Requirements:

  • Body: At least 15
  • Mind: Any
  • Soul: Any
  • Chi Mastery

Gains:

  • +1/+1/+1
  • Overflowing Chi
  • Quick Reflexes

Paladin

Paladins are holy warriors in a more physical sense than what clerics are. Imbued with holy strength, Paladins have healing abilities as well as the ability to turn the undead.

Requirements:

  • Body: At lest 10
  • Mind: At least 6
  • Soul: At least 11

Gains:

  • +1/+0/+2
  • Healing
  • Turn Undead
  • Holy Strength

Pirate

Pirates are the scourge of the seas, but often fairly nice people. These hardy men and women live at sea, and make their livings raiding ships and coastal villages. Due to their life at sea, their skills reflect it.

Requirements:

  • Body: At least 12
  • Mind: At least 8
  • Soul: Any

Gains:

  • +1/+1/+0
  • Aquatic
  • Agile
  • Eagle-Eye
  • Quick Reflexes

Rouge

Rouges are the sharp-witted men and women who work on the borders of the law, often paying one side and the other a visit. They usually have a wide variety of skills, but most have an innate ability to smell profit, and to avoid detection after taking it.

Requirements:

  • Body: At least 7
  • Mind: At least 9
  • Soul: Any

Gains:

  • +1/+1/+0
  • Stealthy

Alleyman

The Alleymen are warriors of the streets. Slinking through the shadows, they protect the homeless and downtrodden from petty thugs and crime syndicates. They often forsake most worldly goods, donating what they earn to help feed and clothe the homeless in their domain. Appearing to most as ragged beggars, they watch the streets, ever vigelent.

Requirements:

  • Body: At least 7
  • Mind: At least 10
  • Soul: At least 9

Gains:

  • +1/+0/+1
  • Agile
  • Sense Evil
  • Fleet Footed
  • Hide Intent
  • Shadow Jump

Assassin

Assassins are the stylishly-dressed bringers of personalized death. Fast, cunning, and lethal, assassins often solve political problems in a most terminal manner.

Requirements:

  • Body: At least 12
  • Mind: At least 10
  • Soul: Any

Gains:

  • +1/+2/+0
  • Agile
  • Eagle-Eye
  • Quick Reflexes
  • Clever
  • If a member of Assassins' Guild, Legal Immunity

Ranger

Rangers are woodsmen who know the countryside like the back of their hands. They have innate knowlege of animals and plants, and in the wild move like shadows. They hunt monsters and beasts, silently protecting the common folk from dangers that they are hardly aware of.

Requirements:

  • Body: At least 12
  • Mind: At least 10
  • Soul: Any
  • Quick Reflexes

Gains:

  • +1/+0/+0
  • Natural Empathy
  • Low-Light Vision
  • Eagle-Eye

Slayer

Slayers are the most efficient hunters ever known. With uncanny abilities to track their prey, whatever it may be, they are treated with wary caution. Most slayers have a specific type of prey that they hunt, and have greater strength against them.

Requirements:

  • Body: At least 11
  • Mind: At least 10
  • Soul: At least 8

Gains:

  • +1/+2/+0
  • Quick Reflexes
  • Chosen Quarry
  • Resolute Stalking

Thief

Thieves are those members of the public who make their living off other memebers of the public. Adept at seperating people from their belongings, Thieves are quick and smart. They excel at moving quietly, picking locks and avoiding traps.

Requirements:

  • Body: At least 12
  • Mind: At least 10
  • Soul: Any
  • Quick Reflexes

Gains:

  • +1/+1/+0
  • Clever
  • Devious
  • Eagle-Eye
  • If a member of the Thieves' Guild, Legal Immunity.

Wizard

Wizards are the men and women who have dedicated their lives in persuit of magical knowlege. They spend years of study on mastering the arcane, most deciding to specialize in one particular element of magic, but some who decide to follow other paths may take several.

Requirements:

  • Body: Any
  • Mind: At least 9
  • Soul: At least 12

Gains:

  • +0/+0/+1
  • Magically Adept
  • Scholar

Black Mage

Black Mages are practitioners of the dark arts, but unlike Necromancers, they focus on destrution and chaos rather than summoning undead legions.

Requirements:

  • Body: Any
  • Mind: At least 10
  • Soul: At least 12

Gains:

  • +1/+0/+1
  • Fire Magic Affinity
  • Death Magic Affinity

Necromancer

Necromancers are much akin to wizards in magical abilities, but that's about as far as it goes. Necromancers are dark wizards devoted to dealing with the dead. Though incredibly powerful in the Dark Arts, the evil of their work makes them easily identifiable, with pale thin skin and boney countenances.

Requirements:

  • Body: Any
  • Mind: At least 10
  • Soul: At least 13

Gains:

  • +0/+1/+4
  • Death Magic Affinity
  • Undead Master
  • Turn Undead
  • Infamous

White Mage

White Mages are those who have devoted their arcane research to good and rightous acts, mostly of aiding those who are most in need. Gifted in the arts of healing, a White Mage is welcome wherever he may travel.

Requirements:

  • Body: Any
  • Mind: At least 9
  • Soul: At least 12

Gains:

  • +1/+1/+1
  • Healing
  • Life Magic Affinity
  • Subtle Aura (Peace)

Red Mage

Red Mages are those who have devoted their arcane studies to combat and survival of it. Skilled in casting spells on the fly and in tense situations, Red Mages are versitile fighters with a magical punch.

Requirements:

  • Body: At least 11
  • Mind: At least 9
  • Soul: At least 11

Gains:

  • +2/+0/+1
  • Arcane Student
  • Quick Casting

Academic

Academics are people who, while not gifted with great physical or magical power, are still competent adventurers due to the knowlege they posess. Academics can be the master of many skills and talents, of various arts and sciences, and often can think their way out of many places where a sword would be useless.

Requirements:

  • Body: Any
  • Mind: At least 13
  • Soul: Any

Gains:

  • +1/+1/+1
  • Scholar

Alchemist

Alchemists are the students of science and reason, putting aside the divine and supernatural to study the finer workings of the world, and how to make them go boom. Through persistant study, alchemy has unraveled the secret of creating life from inanimate materials, allowing the creation of golems.

Requirements:

  • Body: At least 8
  • Mind: At least 14
  • Soul: At most 6

Gains:

  • +1/+1/+0
  • Demolitions
  • Alchemy
  • Craft Golem: (Uses whatever materials are on hand)

Mimics

Mimics are those few who are masters in the art of disguise. Through patient study and practice, these men and women can easily alter their appearance to resemble nearly anyone.

Requirements:

  • Body: At least 7
  • Mind: At least 14
  • Soul: Any

Gains:

  • +1/+1/+0
  • Become Anyone
  • Alter Voice
  • Alter Size
  • Master Disguise

Psionic Adept

Psionic Adepts are the choice few who have explored the limits of the mind to their utmost. Mental heavyweights, they tend to have extrodinary psionic power.

Requirements:

  • Body: Any
  • Mind: At least 17
  • Soul: At least 6
  • Psionic Mastery

Gains:

  • +1/+0/+1
  • Split Concentration
  • Photographic Memory

Divine

The divine are people who have recieved their power from someplace beyond our mortal plane. Often champions of justice or evil, the divine use powers that are often hard to come to grips with.

Requirements:

  • Body: Any
  • Mind: Any
  • Soul: At least 11

Gains:

  • +1/+0/+1
  • (Element) Magical Affinity (Player Choice)

Cleric

Clerics are the pious and holy adventurers who seek to do good wherever they can. They often have vast healing powers, and the ability to drive back undead. Due to the divine nature of their powers, they can wear medium armour with no ill effect.

Requirements:

  • Body: Any
  • Mind: At least 9
  • Soul: At least 12
  • Life Magic Affinity

Gains:

  • +0/+1/+2
  • Healing
  • Turn Undead
  • Death Magic Resistance

Druid

Druids are the gaurdians of nature, the watchmen of the woods. They are in tune with nature's subtle rythms, and hold a special bond with all animals.

Requirements:

  • Body: Any
  • Mind: At least 8
  • Soul: At least 13
  • Natural Magic Affinity

Gains:

  • +1/+0/+2
  • Natural Empathy
  • Transform: Bear/Wolf/Hawk

Hellbourn

The Hellbourn are some of the most feared people to ever exist. They are the most malevolent, dark, and inhuman creations to ever walk the earth. The Hellbourn are mortal men who have sworn themselves to the service of a dark power, and dispite their usual refined, merry, and noble outward appearance, they possess a terrible hunger for slaughter. Through their dark contract, they gain horrendous power, rivaling that of many heros.

Requirements:

  • Body: At least 6
  • Mind: At least 9
  • Soul: At least 14
  • Death Magic Affinity

Gains:

  • +2/+0/+2
  • Terrible Strength
  • Hellbourn
Back

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A2501182

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more