H2G2SRPG - The Dojo

1 Conversation

Chi

Chi is the life-energy that flows within every living being. When controlled by a master, it can harden muscle like steel, it can manipulate the world around us, and it can tear it apart. Chi is not subtle. It is streightforward in purpose, pushing, streigning, crushing.

For each point you have in your Body stat, you gain one Chi point. Chi points are the energy that is used when performing a Chi technique. To use a Chi technique, one must learn it first. Techniques can be found all over, some basic ones from the main Dojo, whereas others may only be tought by specific people in the hootoo community.

When a Chi ability is used, you lose a specific number of Chi points for that post. When a post goes by that you do not use any Chi ability, then one-fifth of your Chi points are regained, rounded up. Unlike magic and Psi, however, Chi abilities can be extended, magnified, and decreased.

Say, for instance, that you are shoving something with your Chi. This drains two Chi points each time it is used. You may choose to extend the push through to the next post, in which case you will lose the same number of Chi points, minus one. It is one less because once a technique is started, it is easier to sustain it then to start it again. So, during the next post, you would lose one Chi point.

Again, say that you wanted to magnify the technique by putting more of your Chi into it. The cost of the technique would double, in this case from two to four. The effects of the technique would double as well, going from something pinning someone to a wall to something choking someone against a wall. In the same way, you could halve the effects, and halve the cost.

The Dojo

The Dojo is a large, high-roofed building of traditional oriental design. Within you can hear the sounds of a class, running kata. Here you can find some of the more basic Chi powers. The rest can be found throughout h2g2, at other dojos.

Center of Being

(1) By focusing yourself inwards, you can repel the effects of some spells, like sleep or paralysis.

Crush Armour

(2) A strong dragon-fist blow that can dent even the thickest armour, man or machine.

Deflect Arrows

(1) By focusing your Chi on your own reflexes, you gain the ability to turn aside arrows with your bare hands.

Dizzying Palm

(1) A strike with a open palm that stuns the opponent for two posts.

Dragon Blow

(2) A tight-fisted blow to the chest that knocks the enemy back five feet.

Stance of The Feather

(2) While taking this stance, you can survive falls from great heights with little or no damage.

Force of Will

(1) Through a surge of will, you can recover from a deabilitating effect.

Force Wind

(2) Using your Chi, you draw air in, pulling objects and opponents a few steps closer to you, causing them to stumble.

Meditate

(1) By going into a calm, near trance-like state, you can regenrate light wounds and increase your own perception of the world.

Nerve Strike

(2) A pin-point hit that causes the hit muscles to spasm uncontrollably for three posts.

Muscle Lock

(3) A pin-point hit that causes the muscles to resist their owners for three posts. This makes it much harder to move.

Shockwave

(3) Tosses any enemies within five feet of you back about ten feet. Feels like being swatted by a invisible hand.

Surge

(2) Through focusing your Chi, you gain superhuman running abilities for a short period of time. You can easily keep pace with a car.

Venom Punch

(2) An underhand punch that causes the hit area to be inflamed with agony for two turns.

Uncanny Strength

(2) For a brief instant, you gain strength ten times that or normal men.

Back

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A2460845

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more