A Conversation for Helicopters

Helicopters

Post 1

BuskingBob

Excellent article. You have done a good job of condensing the mechanical, aerodynamic, and handling problems associated with helicopters. (I have spent a large part of my life working on the damn things, so I am aware of how complicated they can be)
smiley - smiley


Helicopters

Post 2

Sam

Thank you for taking the time to comment on today's Editor's Recommendation. But you've got me all intrigued, now. You indicate that you've worked on helicopters for some time and therefore I'm sure there's stuff you know that would be really useful for us to add to our entry on the subject, either as forum discussion or even as a separate entry on, say, 'Tales From The Cockpit' or 'Helicopter Maintenance' etc. If there's anything you think you can contribute, we'd be really interested to hear from you. Roger, over and out.


Helicopters

Post 3

BuskingBob

OK Sam, I'll put my thinking head on and see what I can remember. This was all a long time ago, but I'm sure I will be able to recall something. Like how Hookes Joint effect has to be compensated for in rotating masses with a varying axis line!!!!!


Helicopters

Post 4

Sam

Excellent news! I look forward to receiving anything you send. Cheers.


Helicopters

Post 5

BuskingBob

I've cobbled together some bits and pieces at A253892 - hope this is the sort of stuff you are looking for.


Helicopters

Post 6

BuskingBob

Look under helicopter problems - I can't get the link to work!

smiley - winkeye


Helicopters

Post 7

Jan^

Try http://www.h2g2.com/A253892 as the link. smiley - smiley


Helicopters

Post 8

Sam

I've just checked this out - excellent stuff. Really, thanks for this. I will add it to the Helicopters Approved Entry straight away.


Helicopters

Post 9

Jan^

I think you'll find that only an editor can change Approved Entries. As I am a sub-editor, I'll find out for you if you like and update the article.
Jan^


Helicopters

Post 10

Peta

It's okay Jan^. Sam can edit. He's on the in-house team and he asked the guy for an update, so we'll let him get on with it. Thanks for the offer of help though.


Helicopters

Post 11

Jan^

OOPS. Should have guessed...... I missed the aforementioned in the name. The addition would be better as a seperate article though, don't you think? The technical detail is a bit heavy (unless you are interested in that sort of thing, like me), and those who are keen will click on a link if it is interestingly worded.
Just trying to be helpful smiley - bigeyes


Helicopters

Post 12

Sam

Jan, I agree with you and thanks for your comments (they ARE helpful)... BUT the original Entry and Busking Bob's brilliant techie stuff both deal with exactly the same subject... helicopters. So, thought the tone may differ, I'm inclined to combine to keep them under the one subject header.smiley - smiley


Helicopters

Post 13

Sam

Oops, sorry, that should read 'THOUGH the tone may differ...'


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more