A Conversation for Llamas

Update Forum: A2596890 - Llamas

Post 1

Llama Sabachthani

Entry: Llamas - A2596890
Author: Llama Sabachthani - U650964

This is an update of the Edited Entry on llamas A244874.


A2596890 - Llamas

Post 2

Mikey the Humming Mouse - A3938628 Learn More About the Edited Guide!

This definitely looks like an improvement.

It's good to see that you contacted the original authors, and it looks like this update takes into account the comments in some of the threads off the original entry.

I'll stop by to take a closer look later!
smiley - cheers
Mikey


A2596890 - Llamas

Post 3

Llama Sabachthani

Thanks, Mikey. We have something in common. We both hum!


A2596890 - Llamas

Post 4

Sea Change

I agree with Mikey the Hummingmouse, this looks really good. I also think you have done a good job of preserving the original flavor of the article. This is something I am especially admiring of, because I know how hard it is for me to imitate or even approximate others' writing styles.

I went through it twice to check and see if I could spot any grammar or spelling errors and couldn't find a one.


A2596890 - Llamas

Post 5

Mikey the Humming Mouse - A3938628 Learn More About the Edited Guide!

Okay, have taken another read through. Only thought of a few things potentially worth adding....

Although llamas are native to South America, they are definitely found in other places in our modern world. In the US, there's a whole industry devoted to "llama farms", although I've never really been quite sure how they stay in business. Llama trekking has also become quite popular in some areas.

I also read somewhere that llamas have been used in some cultures has the equivalents of guard dogs, do you know if this is true?

It would also be nice to include some useful external links. For a start, how about the "International Llama Association" -- http://www.cal-ila.org/ It has some interesting information, for all that the picture of the llama in a tutu on the front page is one of the more bizarre things I've seen as of late.

There are lots of other cool llama websites out there, too -- some with great scientific information, some with awesome pictures, etc.

Here's what seems to be one of the few non commercial sites on llama trekking: http://www.bcllama.com/index.html Oh, but wait -- I just found some BBC pages on llama trekking, too --
http://www.bbc.co.uk/northyorkshire/uncovered/2003/04/02/llama_trek/index.shtml
http://www.bbc.co.uk/norfolk/features/llama_trail.shtml

And here are some pub-visiting llamas -- http://www.bbc.co.uk/suffolk/nature/2004/04/llamas/llamas.shtml

Some other cool sites:
http://www.llamapaedia.com/
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2002/02/0205_0205TVllamadung.html
http://www.eskimo.com/~wallama/

(Although the latter may be more just cool than actually useful for a guide entry)

smiley - cheers
Mikey


A2596890 - Llamas

Post 6

Llama Sabachthani

Hi Mikey! Thanks for your suggestions. I am sorry that it took me so long to get back to you, but I've been busy elsewhere over the last week or so. I will try and make some changes soon


A2596890 - Llamas

Post 7

Llama Sabachthani

I have finally got back to this. There is now a section on Guard Llamas (yes it is true!) and one on Llama Trekking. I have added a section at the end iwth some of the links you gave me.

Is this okay now?


A2596890 - Llamas

Post 8

Llama Sabachthani

Hello everyone! What happens next? Does somebody have to recommend my changes?


A2596890 - Llamas

Post 9

Jimi X

I'm merely going to agree with all of the other praise...

This is a real cracker of an update! smiley - ok

I thought about adding a link to the Pheonix entry (A442711). But I don't think it's really necessary...

Since we're all in agreement that this one is ready for the EG, you'll just need to be patient until one of those charming italic-type staff people come rambling through here and notice that this is ready to go.

Great work!

smiley - cheers
- Jimi X


A2596890 - Llamas

Post 10

Mikey the Humming Mouse - A3938628 Learn More About the Edited Guide!

Yeah, I've had one that's been ready for quite awhile... a bit of a waiting game, it is. smiley - cheers

Mikey


A2596890 - Llamas

Post 11

Llama Sabachthani

Thank you, Jimi. I have added the link to the entry on the Phoenix, even if it is not necessary.


A2596890 - Llamas

Post 12

Gnomon - time to move on

This looks good! smiley - ok


A2596890 - Llamas

Post 13

Smij - Formerly Jimster

Well in that case, this one's going tothe Edited Guide right away. Many thanks for the work on this, everyone!


Thread Moved

Post 14

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'Llamas' to 'Llamas'.


Thread Moved

Post 15

Mikey the Humming Mouse - A3938628 Learn More About the Edited Guide!

Woo hoo - Congrats! smiley - disco


Thread Moved

Post 16

Gnomon - time to move on

Well done! smiley - bubbly


Thread Moved

Post 17

Llama Sabachthani

Thank you! THat is wonderful news.


Key: Complain about this post