A Conversation for The Saxon Heptarchy - the Kingdom of Wessex

The Children of Cynegils

Post 1

aethelwalh

This could be smiley - magic!
Aethelwalh believes that the children of Cynegils were as follows:
Cwichelm, Cyneburh, Cenwalh, Aethelwalh, Centwine and St Aethelwine.
smiley - ok?
Aethelwalh also believes that Aethelwalh was made King of the South Saxons by Penda in 645.
Aethelwalh suggests that this king had four natural sons by a concubine.
Viz: Watt, Berhthun and Andhun (probably twins), and Bryni.
Again smiley - ok?
Aethelwalh also suggests that King Aethelwalh got married to the Christian Eafe of Hwicce in 661, became a Christian himself and recieved the Meon Valley and the Isle of Wight from his godfather, Wulfhere.
Aethelwalh contends that King Aethelwalh and Queen Eafe had two sons and a daughter, namely: an heir (killed with his father by Caedwalla in 685), Aethelthryth (married King Nothhelm) and Aethelstan.
This is smiley - cool because Aethelwalh also contends that Nothhelm, King of the South Saxons about 688-722, was the son of Ecgwald (who was the younger brother of Ceowald Cuthwulfing).
smiley - biggrin Now then!
Aethelwalh is of the opinion that Osric and Bishop Osa were the sons of King Nothhelm and Queen Aethelthryth. He is also of the opinion that Osric had four sons, Osmund, Oswald, Aelfwald and Oslac.
Have an smiley - ale or a nice cup of smiley - tea
Finally, Aethelwalh also believes thet Aethelstan's sons were
Aethelberht and the rebel Ealdberht and that Aethelberht also had two sons who were Ealdwulf and Aethelwulf.
IF YOU WANT TO LEARN MORE VISIT THE NOTHGYTH QUEST HYPOTHESIS, RULERS OF THE SOUTH SAXONS, URL anglo-saxonkingsofsussex.blogspot.com
Here's to you all smiley - bubbly! Aethelwalh.smiley - biggrinsmiley - biggrinsmiley - biggrin


Key: Complain about this post

The Children of Cynegils

More Conversations for The Saxon Heptarchy - the Kingdom of Wessex

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more