A Conversation for Using an Abacus for Addition and Subtraction

Picture Error...

Post 1

LQ - Just plain old LQ

A very good entry to introduce the use of the abacus....I'm now eagerly awaiting the next one teaching how to multiply and divide!

Unfortunately, the last picture of an abacus is wrong - it says on the scroll-over that it reads 1,057, as it should do from the context in the entry, but the abacus actually reads 5,057, since the upper bead is pushed to the middle bar, rather than a lower bead. It was a mistake to teach us how to actually read them!

Or was it a deliberate mistake to test the reader's knowledge?


Picture Error...

Post 2

The Apprentice

Damn... you're right. If we could just Photoshop the bead over to the other side of the divide...

The Apprentice


Picture Error...

Post 3

rotundity

Still, I was very impressed - I can't remember the last time I saw pictures in the body of a guide entry, instead of a simple headline picture. Sorry it doesn't seem to have worked out.


Picture Error...

Post 4

rotundity

Still, I was very impressed - I can't remember the last time I saw pictures in the body of a guide entry, instead of a simple headline picture. Sorry it doesn't seem to have worked out.

smiley - wah


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Using an Abacus for Addition and Subtraction

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more