A Conversation for Easter Island History

Protein

Post 1

Didactylos

You say: “The only sources of protein were the chickens which were now stored in stone chicken houses (hare moa) and captured enemy warriors.”

Gosh - that must’ve been some protein!

Despite this small slip, an interesting and informative entry.

No mention of the old religion, though. I seem to remember that part of the reason Easter Island society fell apart (apart from the obvious ecological chaos) was a loss of faith in the old gods. But I may be wrong.

D.


Protein

Post 2

MotDoc, Temporarily Exiled to Tartu, Estonia

How is that a slip?
smiley - martiansmile


Protein

Post 3

flyingtwinkle

i think customs are the beginning of the religions and beliefs are part of customs old or new


Protein

Post 4

flyingtwinkle

dida probably the enemy was not given any proteins!


Protein

Post 5

Didactylos


MotDoc - those proteins were so strong that the chickens captured enemy warriors (it says).

“The only sources of protein were the chickens which ... captured enemy warriors.”

D.


Protein

Post 6

flyingtwinkle

Didacty now i see the joke


Protein

Post 7

MotDoc, Temporarily Exiled to Tartu, Estonia

Ah, ambigous grammer. But the verb tense makes it impossible for the interpretation to be correct. "The chickens which were...captured enemy warriors" doesn't make any sense.
smiley - martiansmile


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more