A Conversation for Hitchhiking

Hitching

Post 1

Myriad

I remember trying to hitch hike once and walk along the road at the same time. This meant walking along with my back to the traffic but with my right hand out - thumb up. Needless to say, I didn't get a lift - so don't try it.

One person did stop - I opened the door saying "thanks" - it turned out he was stopping there and it was just a coincidence that I happened to be hitching at the same time.

Some joke!







Myriad.


Hitching

Post 2

Lohria

hi!
i don´t know if this is the right discusion groupe for med but heres the thing; i´m writting an essay about escaping the society. my work is based on the book "on the road" by jack kerouac and my thougt is that I will compare the book with todays backpackers. so if any of you have any experience in backpacking and hitchiking and whant to tell me about it I would be soooo happy!
have a nice day =)


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more