The Royal Order of Insanity

1 Conversation


The Royal Order of Insanity was a pseudo-anarchist movement started in the mid 90s in Canada by a small handful of very bored high-schoolers and others dedicated to the precept 'why go mad trying to prevent yourself going mad, just give in and save your sanity for later*,' the Order each took on new names and titles and was given to wearing odd clothes, carying around lots of crayons and duct tape, and engaging in Group Sustained Screams (GSSes) whenever they were:

a) Stressed
b) Bored
or c) Hankering to shock people out of their reveries of normalcy.

The founder of this organisation was one Itt Lord Fredrik Alabama Horatio ABBA Bum-le-bee Edmond Philip Sausage Bppppp Deep-Fried-Oatmeal Marzipan Eagle-eye Beeblebrox, the 42nd. "Grand Imperial High Poohbah, and Keeper of the Thneeds*," (who wore a dressing gown for one year realizing that anyone who knew why he was doing that was someone he wanted to know) saw the dangerous potential of being the head of a massed army of loonies and decentralized the power of the order, which promptly went to hell in a proverbial handbasket.

There was briefly a movement to revive the Order, in Web form, and many members of the Guide joined as well for a time, but as a group it has largely been defunct since the mid-2000s.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A225415

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more