The Unknown Content from the guide to life, the universe and everything

The Unknown

7 Conversations

Something no one knows about is called 'unknown'. But if one or two people know about the something, but no one knows that this one or two people know about the something, then the something is still called 'unknown'.

This is because nobody, apart from the one or two people, knows that the one or two people know about this something. But this only works if the one or two people who know about the something keep the something a secret.

If the one or two people tell someone about the something, but the someone keeps the something a secret from the rest of the world/universe, then the something is still called 'unknown'. No matter how many people know about the something, the something is still unknown as long as it is kept a secret.

A person who knows about the something either is the first person who knew about the something or was told about the something by someone else. If the person is the latter, then only the someone else and the person know that the person knows about the something, unless the person told another person about the something, because then three people know that the person knows about the something, even though the someone else and the another person don't know that the other person knows about the something.

Someone who knows about the something can tell people about the something, and even when every single person knows about the something, the someone can still tell people about the something because people supposedly 'don't know' about the something as the something is a secret and 'no one knows'.

Therefore, even when everyone knows about the something, the something is still called 'unknown'.

So why are we still all looking for the answers when people out there already know them but are still searching for them because they are pretending they don't know?


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Edited Entry

A224425

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry

Categorised In:


Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more