A Conversation for Hobbits

hobbit evolution

Post 1

JeiQ

Exactly who are hobbits related to?
If there's an account in the Silmarillion I missed it. Otherwise I would suggest; beluga whales.
This is not based on any law of evolution, but the same Impossibility Factor that hydraxes are related to elephants.


hobbit evolution

Post 2

wingpig

There are a few different species, mentioned in both the Lord of the Rings and the Shaping of Middle-Earth. Gollum is one type, Sam, Pippin, Merry, Frodo, Bilbo, Bullroarer and the rest another. There is another, never encountered, also mentioned.

Apparently, whales and all the rest of the aquatic mammals could be descended from some sort of cow-based beastiecreature. It's known that they returned to the sea after a fair while evolving on land but not the family from which they came.


hobbit evolution

Post 3

Prez HS (All seems relatively quiet here)

No wait!

Hobbits evolved from tigers on marihuana.

I'm pissitive.


hobbit evolution

Post 4

Heart Of Gold

Snot head - you're not from NZ are you?

Or do you just spell f-net-ick-lee?


hobbit evolution

Post 5

Prez HS (All seems relatively quiet here)

Wea wud Yu get the I.d.a that Aye wud bey from EnZey?

Nowea nea! Livd ther tho. Not now no. Now in Oland.

And az yu can c, I kant spel fnetickley


hobbit evolution

Post 6

Researcher MrMondayMorning

Better read the lord of the rings and the hobbit again.
Gollum is a hobbit. He has worn the ring for such a long time he doesn't look or behave like a hobbit anymore.
Something fishy going on with that ring. smiley - fish Radioactive perhaps?


hobbit evolution

Post 7

The Artist Formerly Known as Nerd42

doesn't "the hobbit" say that the bagginses were related to fairies somewhere?

what they came from doesn't matter. this thread interested me as I'm researching around looking to find out if there are references to hobbits in any other of tolkien's works besides thehobbit and lotr. hobbits in my fantasy universe turned out differently A989698

i've been plugging my rpg all over the place.
smiley - towelNerd42


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more