A Conversation for Attention

The put-upon famous

Post 1

Researcher 170889

I have noticed that actors of great note can avoid attention of the press most of the time when they really want to. Most of the same celebs keep popping up in tabloids over and over - such as Madonna - apuvblicity hound if ever there was one. You rarely see Paul Newman and his Oscar-winning wife in the news, because they just live their lives without indulging in lots of phony, "Hey! Don't look at me! Over here!" behavior. I see little about Meryl Streep. There are others who just live their lives and ignore the press. And the press really pretty much ignores them. Complaining about the press is a sure way to get attention. There are many very wealthy and powerful people who never appear in the news, I can't cite examples because I have never heard these peoples' names. But there are a lot more govenment posts and large businesses with CEOs than there are people whose names I hear in the news. Even some of the scions of highly publicized families manage to live in obscurity because they behave quietly and do not court press coverage. Even when someone is involved in a newsworthy incident, it dies down quickly and is dropped if the protagonists behave normally and just ignore. The press is like a dog, if you don't run, he probably won't chase you. Except dogs are usually smarter and always more useful.


Key: Complain about this post

The put-upon famous

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more