Mr Potato Head Content from the guide to life, the universe and everything

Mr Potato Head

3 Conversations

Mr Potato Head is a children's toy inexplicably popular in the United States and parts of Europe. The basic toy consists of a misshapen lump of brownish plastic that is supposed to resemble a potato and a whole lot of little plastic eyes, ears, mouths, moustaches, hats, and whatever else one would reasonably expect to find on someone's head.

The child playing with the toy is supposed to assemble the pieces into a face on the plastic 'potato' so that they resemble a face of some sort. Theoretically, with a large enough number of pieces, Mr. Potato Head could have a nearly infinite variety of faces, thus making him the ultimate super spy. Unfortunately, children usually just spend their time playing with this master of disguise putting the eyes in the mouth slot, or similar actions, producing a face similar to something Picasso may have painted. This is all quite amusing for anyone under the age of eight or so and their parents, but of little use to the intelligent community.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Edited Entry

A191936

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry

Categorised In:


Written by

Edited by

h2g2 Editors

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more