A Conversation for Vienna, Austria

reality

Post 1

prometheus

For me Vienna is not very nostalgic or romantic. The romantic you see in Vienna is especially for the tourists. If you want to see the real Vienna take the U4(Underground line 4) to Karlsplatz at 11pm. Or go to the disco "Flex" (U4 Schottenring). There you see the real Vienna whether romantic nor nostalgic but drugs and alcohol. There you find the reality.


reality

Post 2

Scurlock

It seems that reality lies in the eye of it's beholder. True, very rarely you'll find Viennese People dance around in the streets, listening to suddenly present music. True, also, there are a bunch of junkies. And crime. And filth. Each Medal has two sides.
Conclusio: Vienna is a cosmopolite Metropolis (more than it is aware of it itself) that will enchant you - but behold of its darker places...


reality

Post 3

Seth

It´s true that Vienna has his crimes but show me the city that hasn´t!
Vienna isn´t the best city of the world but it is a nice (and dirty) Place to live!
Ok,I don´t live in it but I go to school there and I like it.


reality

Post 4

Oida

i think that vienna has its own spirit. though there are many stereotypes about vienna, but it's the truth that a huge percentage of viennese people are misantropic. and it's also true that the spirit of "wiener gmiatlichkeit" (not translatable) is an important ingredient of vienna. nowhere else on the whole wide world you can find a café so relaxing as they exist in vienna. nowhere it is that comfortable to read newspapers, drink a coffee and smoke a cigaret. if you don't believe me: visit vienna and try it!
mahlzeit!


reality

Post 5

The Eye

hmmm talking about the flex.. i don't see it as a downside, but definitely as reality... i'm not from vienna myself, but each time i'm there, i make sure to go there.

the flex is one of the best places in town.. above all on monday nights.... after about 10:00 p.m. ... monday means "Dub Club".. good DJ's... (and in summer, you can sit outside in the open by the river danube)....


reality

Post 6

Zytostat

I think drugs and all the other stuff our just a conclusion of the nostalgic vienna.

Vienna stands for longing, yearning, and most above all death.
Playing with death, dancing with death and so on...
It's such an emotional city, noone there seems happy to me, but all our happy not being happy. DOn't know wether this sounds logic in anyway, but Vienna doesn't treat life with logic but with passion.

All of this is emphasized by this Vienna pride and glamour.

I love Vienna.


reality

Post 7

Researcher 211925

Lighten upall of you. Sure, Vienna is like any other city with all the problems of a large metroplois. Those problems cannot be ignored but we can try to 'see' a greater perspective. I have been visiting Vienna and the subburbs, where I have relations since I was two years old. I have fond memories of most of the time spent there. It is a great place to visit and I am sure to live like any city. The outskirts are also very inviting if nit rural. Love it or hate it it is a mix of people with buildings and you make of it what you wish.
211925


reality

Post 8

Researcher 214089

you're right but tell me a city which is free of drugs please...


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more