A Conversation for The Five Elements in Relation to the Wiccan Religion

Not a pentagram

Post 1

Sorcerer

A five-pointed star is not a pentagram, a pentagram is a five-pointed star inscribed in a circle or pentagon. This is a common mistake of wiccans and offends us true practitioners of magic.


Not a pentagram

Post 2

The Jester (P. S. of Village Idiots, Muse of Comedians, Keeper of Jokes, Chef and Seraph of Bad Jokes) LUG @ A458228

Also, I thought the fifth element was void. Maybe they thought differently in the Orient, I got this from the Book of Five Rings

3smiley - biggrin


Not a pentagram

Post 3

Sorcerer

The fifth element is known in different places as spirit, void and chaos. As stated in the article, it is the least understood of the elements. As not stated in the article, however, its colour is black.

The article also does not mention that many spells combine at least two of these elements. Most practitioners of magic, however, have a speciality in only one or two of them.


Not a pentagram

Post 4

njan (afh)

I know that.. I'm not completely stupid. smiley - winkeye.. But it has got a circle around it on the page, hasn't it? *consults memory*


Not a pentagram

Post 5

bludragon, aka the Dragon Queen of Damogran

pentagram: A five-pointed star.

pentacle: a five-pointed star with a circle enscribed around it.

The wiccan PENTAGRAM is a five pointed star, aligned with the single point at the top. The four elements of earth, air, fire, water are represented. The upper point representing spirit is more of a 'force of the universe' kind of thing. It exists within us, and all around us, and throughout the universe. Pentacles are never inverted.

The circle around the pentagram completes the figure of a PENTACLE, and describes the wholeness of life.

Both the pentagram [5 pointed star] and the pentacle [star within a circle] are part of wiccan symbolism, ritual, and practice, as are the four elements, and the power/spirit of the universe.

blessed be

blu
}:=8


Not a pentagram

Post 6

Charon

Thank you for pointing this out.
Although traditions vary from practitioner to practitioner, the term 'pentacle' in itself means five points enclosed in a circle.
Hence it's name.
A pentagram is just a five pointed star
~Charon


Not a pentagram

Post 7

Researcher 235791

As a Wiccan, I must inquire if you are making a distinction between Wiccans and true ones who practice magick?


Not a pentagram

Post 8

njan (afh)

I think that was the intention of the comment in the post, although the user who posted it hasn't posted onsite for four years, so I'm guessing that your chance of a reply is somewhat negligable. smiley - winkeye


Not a pentagram

Post 9

Researcher 249667

lol

that was a very off-hand comment indicating wiccans aren't true practisers (sp?) of magic(k).


Not a pentagram

Post 10

MorganaLaFay

We're arguing about words and definitions here rather than paying attention to the eternal qualities they describe.

This seems an awfully sterile and barren way to go on - might I suggest that Christianity has done precisely this for most of its existence, confusing the map with the territory in this way, and look where it got them!

Most of us (in this society) have been through one version or another of Christianity, on our way to a spirituality we chose for ourselves. We should be just that little bit more aware of the traps this religion has dug for itself, and have the ability to avoid them?

Incidentally, I've always associated the colour purple with the concept of Spirit, but if you perceive black where I perceive purple, and it works for you, I'm not going to stand here and say my perceptions are somehow "better" than yours. That's not the way it should work.

Many blessings on this conversation forum!


Key: Complain about this post