My work life

1 Conversation

I am a software development manager with a consumer electronics company, which means that I get other people to do things that I couldn't possibly do myself. My job is to see that major software projects start yesterday, finish within a week, cost 1 euro, and are guaranteed bug-free for a million years. I also am charged with conjuring up developing resources from nowhere. Simple stuff really - it's lucky I went to Hogwarts when I was a kid <tongueout>.

Other than that, I am a normal(ish) type of person. I like good company, astronomy, geology, science, nature and wildlife, long walks by the sea, and time at home with my family. I am usually fairly reserved, but get me exited on something (or drunk enough) and I will waffle on and on about it for ages. I don't eat sundried tomatoes.

My job is not exactly the scariest, but I was in Turkey in August 17 1999 when the big earthquake happened. It's not funny to find your hotel swaying and creaking like a ship at sea at 3 o'clock in the night. I wrote an entry in this journal from Istanbul the day after it happened.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A189263

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more