Breakfast Taco Buying Guide Content from the guide to life, the universe and everything

Breakfast Taco Buying Guide

4 Conversations

Breakfast tacos are available at many establishments across Southwest Texas. They are a super cheap, delicious source of nutrition which is particularly good choice for road-weary travellers, suffering in the Texas heat.

Ingredients

Breakfast tacos consist of an arrangement of any or all of the following ingredients all wrapped nicely in a tortilla:

  • Eggs
  • Potatos
  • Cheddar cheese
  • Refried beans
  • Black beans
  • Picante sauce
  • Onions
  • Bell peppers
  • Bacon
  • Ham
  • Sausage
  • Tomatoes
  • Other veggies

Potatoes

Shredded potatoes or small cubes of potato are better than big potato wedges.

Beans

Black beans are by far the superior option.

Picante Sauce

Texas and Mexico are the only places in the world where you get real picante sauce.

Picante sauce is mandatory on your taco. It will usually come on the side, in a little plastic container. Some places will not give you picante sauce unless you ask; so to be on the safe side, always ask for 'picante sauce' or 'hot sauce'. There is actually a difference between the two; but most places in Texas that serve breakfast tacos use the two terms interchangeably. If you would like true hot sauce, ask for 'Tabasco'. If they do not have tabasco, then ask for 'Cholula'.

Meats

Bacon goes well; sausage is alright; ham will do.

How to Order One

Go to a place that sells breakfast tacos. Usually the menu will offer a selection of pre-determined suggested fillings. Ignore these. Look for the list of meats and veggies that they offer, and build your own. Sometimes it is more expensive this way, but it's worth it.

Sometimes, breakfast taco stands can be found on the side of the road, like hot dog vendors. These are usually the cheapest tacos to be had. (.50$ U.S. Yes! Half a dollar!) Usually though, they only offer pre-made tacos with egg, meat, potato and refried beans. They are usually a few hours old, gooey and warm; but this is often the best way to eat them.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Edited Entry

A182701

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry

Categorised In:


Written by

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more