A Conversation for Sir Paul McCartney - Singer/Songwriter

Wings.

Post 1

Alfredo

Born in 1951 Amsterdam, I was lucky to grow up with music of the Beatles.
Besides "Yesterday", Paul created songs as "Blackbird", "Eleanor Rigby",etc. Superb quality. Absolutely.

In 1970 I even sung the song "blackbird" continuously in a Spanish prison, because they arrested me for "roaming Spain". A song, so full of beauty, so inspiring, uplifting, comforting. F134334?thread=304457

So his music had a great impact on me.

Some years after the "beatles",I went to the music library of Amsterdam and listened to music of Paul and of George, John and Ringo.
John's music I knew from his beginning of his solo.

When I heard music of the Wings, I thought I was in a drugstore while they had music as wallpaper.
I was perplexed.
Of course I realized that the emotional mix of the four musicians had created their songs, `their ówn Beatles songs` included.

But thís??
He appeared to have written even the song "silly lovesong" as his reaction to critics who were irritated by his lovesongs during the Wings period.
I think you can `torture` someone with it.

But Paul being Paul, he can sometimes be very open.
I remember him saying in an interview around 2000; "Well, when I hear the music of Wings nów, it feels like a watery infusion of the music of The beatles, but I did not experience that in those days`.

One needs a strong character to say what he said.

But even after Wings, until this day in 2007 it´s far away from what he ever wrote.
It´s almost,- well I´ll stop here.
But still it intrigues me, how this could happen.


But, while I cannot understand it, I can still easily `forgive` him, because what he did in the sixtees is the production by a genius, as John´s was too. Brian Epstein once said that "in the year 2000, people will still be talking about The beatles". Thats what he said in 1965...

Another disappointment for me is, that Sir Paul seems to keep everyting about Beatles "acceptable". Never an insight of the harsh, or hedonistic reality in those days.

Greetings from Amsterdam



Wings.

Post 2

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

You can be arrested for roaming Spain??

smiley - yikes


Wings.

Post 3

Alfredo


Yes!
Just being there, without money and a job. Especially in the days when general Franco (fascist dictator) was in power. Like in the seventees. Democracy in Spain is rather "new" compared to western countries.


Hey Alfredo

Post 4

TRiG (Ireland) A dog, so bade in office

You're on the front page: Quote of the Day: 'A disappointment for me is that Sir Paul seems to keep everything about the Beatles 'acceptable'. Never an insight of the harsh, or hedonistic reality in those days.'

smiley - surfersmiley - magic


Hey Alfredo

Post 5

Alfredo

Yes, it's posted under the Paul entry, or is it something else that you mean? His entry has already moved, but maybe you mean soemthing else

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/alabaster/





Hey Alfredo

Post 6

Alfredo

Yes, I did find it.
Did not know that it existed.

Of course it's nice to see once words at "quote of the day".

So, thanks to you, I'm feeling happy (for the moment...)


Greetings from Happy Amsterdam

Alfredo


Hey Alfredo

Post 7

Alfredo

There's one "problem"; I can't tell my friends/family about it, cause I cherish h2g2 so much, that I don't want them to read my H2G2 Journal,etc.

So in the énd, you stíll made me unhappy


Hey Alfredo

Post 8

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

We know how you feel, I have no-one in my *real* life I can share h2g2 with, and I like to keep it precious toosmiley - ok


Hey Alfredo

Post 9

Alfredo

smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Sir Paul McCartney - Singer/Songwriter

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more