A Conversation for The KLF - the Band

yaz?

Post 1

PhyreSeed

it was always my impression that the KLF, the TimeLords, and Yaz were the same musical group. was this just overlooked, or am i misinformed?


yaz?

Post 2

Dr E Vibenstein (You know it is, it really is.)

Misinformed, I'm afraid... Yaz (or Yazoo as they're known in the UK) consisted of Vince Clarke (ex-Depeche Mode, now Erasure) and Alison Moyet.

*suddenly struck by another thought* Oh... unless you mean Yazz, who sang on Coldcut's "Doctorin' The House", which inspired the title of the Timelords' "Doctorin' The Tardis", but otherwise has no connection with the KLF as far as I know...


yaz?

Post 3

zb

Yes I suspect the reference was to Yazz, who had 5 top-twenty hits in 2 years, beginning with her No 1 "The Only Way Is Up" which hit the top on 23 July 1988 and spent 15 weeks on chart.


yaz?

Post 4

PhyreSeed

this is the same Yaz that had the song 'Don't Go', right? Oh, well... damn! thought I made a good connection there!


yaz?

Post 5

zb

No that would be Alison Moyet in Yazoo.
And that was from July 1982, somewhat before Yazz's time in the charts...


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more