A Conversation for Super Furry Animals - the Band

the music...

Post 1

katrinka

hey! smiley - applause
great article! I'd never heard of the band before, but I'm off to look them up now, 'cause they sound cool.
just one thing though...I think you should add a bit more about their music and the type of music they play...the article doesn't say much, and my only guess is that they play some sort of techno ...
so now I run off to the net to learn more smiley - run ...and maybe the wiki smiley - groan ...I dearly hope that there may come a day when my belovèd h2g2 will rival the wiki, and we shall rule the net in our Hitchhiker glory (and coolness smiley - cool )...
smiley - laugh


the music...

Post 2

Gareth Hacking

Thanks for your message Katrina.

Your right, the article could do with a bit more about their music but I found it a struggle to describe what they play. Someone did bring this up in peer review, which is why I've listed The Flaming Lips, The Beta Band and Mercury Rev as examples of similar bands. So if you like them, you'll definitely like SFA.

Gareth


the music...

Post 3

Gareth Hacking

Actually, If your interested in hearing what the band sound like, the following links should be useful:

http://www.ringsaroundtheworld.co.uk/clips.htm has song and video clips

http://www.mwng.co.uk/7frame.htm has a mp3 of Ysbeidiau Heulog available for download

http://www.placidcasual.com/gruff/ features 60-second clips of each song on the Yr Atal Genhedlaeth album

Gareth


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Super Furry Animals - the Band

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more