A Conversation for Great Smoky Mountains National Park, USA

The Blue Ridge Parkway

Post 1

TheImperialOne

This is one of America's greatest treasures and secrets.

I drove approximately 100 miles of the Parkway last Monday and I would challenge any Amercian to declare that there was a more beautiful part of the United States than the Parkway on that day.

The perfect Carolina Blue skies contrasted with the Autumnal reds, oranges, greens (yes) and yellows of the trees - this is one of the most breathtaking places on Earth in the Fall. Come and enjoy the 'Southern part of Heaven' at its prime in early October.

Glyn Tomkins
British ex-pat living in NC


The Blue Ridge Parkway

Post 2

BFM -- just an old guy trying to keep up!

Hi Glyn.

Just returned from a week in WNC. Took a day to drive from the Southern terminus of the parkway in the Smokies to Black Mountain, no of Asheville. Never get tired of it. Experienced those breathtaking views as well as a complete cloud-in up near Pisgah.
There is one spot where if you look quick, you will see the Biltmore House in the distance. Recommend to one and all to take the parkway if ever you are near.

Cheers, Babelfishmonger in Florida


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Great Smoky Mountains National Park, USA

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more