A Conversation for Cleaning Your Room

Several small boxes

Post 1

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

I find a combination method most productive - gather everything into several small boxes, making rudimentary seperations between, say, papers, clothing and electrical stuff, then put the small boxes into a huge box in the cupboard/closet/shed.


Several small boxes

Post 2

To@@er

I'm sure that this is very orderly and all that but you really are missing the beauty in the "Big Box" school of tidying up. Sorting different shite in different boxes is manual labour any wich way you cut it. Shoving everything into a big (black?) box on the other hand means (practically) the same results for less work.


Several small boxes

Post 3

ImageMaker

The one big box theory has its merits. One large box is a very neat and tidy method of dealing with with all the "stuff" (check George Carlin) that one amasses throughout the years. However, I have found that when one must move on in life (that is, physically moving one's belongings from one locale to another) the BIG BOX theory has its drawbacks. For example, have you ever tried to physically MOVE the big box from one place to another? If so, you will find that the amount of energy and strength needed to MOVE THE BOX is roughly equivilant to the force needed to shove an elephant into a refrigerator. (At least the elephant has legs and will help with such an endeavor as it smells the peanut butter.) The box has no legs and will not move itself. Therefore, I recommend a series of smaller boxes that are easier to move, carry, or transport from point A to point B. It is also best to label the box for future reference. (Ah Ha! that box can be stored for another five years!)


Several small boxes

Post 4

Me

That's why you ask other people for "help",
"you get that one, I'll be over here ght dfhu ch...." as you walk away.

-Me


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more